Starting Orlistat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my GP has prescribed me Orlistat to help with weight loss. Ive read some good and bad things about taking this medication so im in 2 minds... I have to loose around 6/7 stone to be a healthy weight.

I would love to hear anyones experiences with Orlistat... if it has worked for them or not. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I start Orlistat tomorrow ! I have 80lbs to lose !  I’d love to here how you do if you choose to go forward with it !
    • Posted

Yes, i will let you know how i get on. My GP seems to suggest that this is a good method of weight loss and also a good way to help you change your bad eating habits.
  • Posted

Hi I started taking it on the 6.4.18 started at 100.0 got on the scales this morning and I am 97.7 just be careful what you eat. Good luck :-)
  • Posted

Already lost 5 pounds and had no issues , I just use MyFitnessPal to track calories and fat and keep calories to 1200 and fat below 10g per meal smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.