Starting Orlistat Help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

I was previously taking orlistat and lost about a stone in 3months, however I was not doing it properly and was eating a lot of fat and had the bad side effects!

I have recently visited my Dr to start taking these again but properly this time! Please can you share your experiences and let me know the best way to loose weight on these tablets! I really need to loose weight now, my dr has advised me I have around 9 stone to loose... Help!

Thanks all x

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachface

Started jan 2013 size size now a 12 they do work but you can't eat fat on them well not over 5g per 100g anyway! i have a blog if you want it. x

• Posted

Hi

I started taking these 8 wks ago weighing 22st 10lbs and I now weigh 20st 10lb. They work if you stick to the 5g fat in 100g and 15g per meal. I dont calorie count, I only do a bit of walking-even though I have a 3yr old I run after all day, I drink LOTS of water and if I snack between meals its on fruit or veg.

I have a long way to go, prob 9 st like you but im determined to do it as I have PCOS and need help conceiving,  which I wont get at this size.

Dropped a dress size now - 24 from 26 so feeling happy.

Theres lots of support on here and britney spears is fab-she should have her own app! Lol

Good luck

• Posted

Aww Thanks Hayley smile

well done on your Weight Loss! your doing great smile

Britney

X

• Posted

Thanks both, I feel so motivated now ! Well done to you both and yes it's great to have nice and helpful people on here. Just looking at the blog now Britney, thanks x
    • Posted

Hi I started on orlistat 2and a half weeks ago lost 7lb so far not sure what I should be eating can you send me your blog as ive seen you have some recipes
  • Posted

A big hello and welcome :-)

Have a peep at all the feeds on the forum, there are lots of hints, tips and banter too!

Things will be ok rachface, you have us guys now and you will be steared in the right direction. x x x

///*.*\\\

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thanks me lovelies!

I'm sooooo determined to get the weight off and start living my life again. I want to feel as happy in the inside as what I appear to be on the outside!

XxX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.