Starting Orlistat this weekend!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've decided to ask my new GP to put me on Orlistat.

I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome about 5 years ago but recently I've found the symptoms are getting worse. I'm finding more and more hair on my face, chest and back. My moods are also increasingly errant which can scare me at times.

I used to be able to work out at the gym a few days a week and eat what I wanted and still lose weight but now it seems whatever I do is unsuccessful.

I've always struggled with my weight but I'm now at my heaviest and it's making me depressed. I'm 29, 5'9 (dress size 16) and 18 stone.

I'd like to buddy up with a few people who are currently taking Orlistat for motivation and advice.

I was going to start this evening as soon as they're prescribed to me but after reading a few horror stories, maybe it's best to go on a low fat diet beforehand? I'd hate to embarrass myself at work on Monday!

I've got 7 stone to lose according to my nurse (although when I was 14 stone, I was a dress size 12-14 and family member thought I had an eating disorder). Not sure 11 stone would look good on a larger frame but I'll give it a go!

I'm waffling now, sorry!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tamzin x i have been taking orilstat for a few days and it does make you go to the loo but as long as you don't eat toouch fat it's ok x i'm 5ft 2in and 12st 4lbs so obese x was 9 11 till i was put on meds for anxiety and put on 3 st nearly x trying go lose it now and dr put me on orilstat x shall we buddy up as i too feel ugly and fat where i didn"t even think about it when i was slim x i had loads more confidence but it"s gone now x got non x startkng slimming world tomorrow X good luck hun x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.