Starting orlistat today

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone, just saying hello as I'm starting orlistat today and found this forum when I was researching it last night. My Dr has prescribed 120mg 3 times a day. I'm going shopping later to stock up on more appropriate foods with lower fat content and hoping this will be a new start for me. I've been around the block a few times with weight loss attempts and I'm a bit of a hardened veteran especially when it comes to falling off the wagon! I am working very hard on my head space and hoping the orlistat will help \"police\" my efforts this time round!

I'm a bit anxious about the embarrassing side effects but I guess that's the incentive to stay on track and I'm very encouraged by the posts on here!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Welcome and good luck.

Keep us posted with how you are doing.

Louise

• Posted

Hi and welcome
  • Posted

[color=indigo:e737ed57d6]Hi Jps

welcome to the forums, we can all do it together[/color:e737ed57d6]

• Posted

good luck, I am a new starter too
  • Posted

Welcome jpscloud,

Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm another person finding this a bit puzzling - I had a motivation dip, and have been overeating quite badly, including some pretty high fat stuff. I've been taking the orlistat religiously but haven't noticed any effects at all.

I'll try to get back on track this coming week.

• Posted

Welcome jpscloud, and good luck! I've been on this 5 wks and definitely see an improvement, with me, weight loss has never stuck, either!

smile

Vanna

• Posted

hey everyone!

i'm starting today too...really really nervous as i'm a really fussy eater. everything i eat is really carby - lots of bread, pasta, pizza so i'm worried about how it's going to react with me!

any advice would be much appreciated!

J x

• Posted

i like my carbs too, you should still be able to eat bread (or pittas/crumpets, baguettes) but watch the spread and fillings, with pasta there are plenty of sauces or you can make your own easily with tinned tomatoes etc, pizza is a slightly harder one mainly due to the toppings, i have found weightwatchers do a few which are low fat and some of the pizza express (in the supermarket) are also pretty reasonable per 1/2 pizza (approx 8g).

its a case of everything in moderation and also trial and error, try a week or two continuing to have your carbs but watch the fillings/toppings for fat content, if that doesnt work try reducing the carbs and see what works best for you.

personally i have pittas/crumpets or pasta once every day but i also have potatos regularly in various forms but i loose weight steadily - about 1-2lbs a week

good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.