Starting Orlistat today

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am starting these tablets today but would really like some diet sheets to follow.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you look for Britney's posts on the forum she has a blog that is extremely helpful. I haven't quite started taking the tabs yet ( starting tomo)and she has given me so much advice already.
  • Posted

Quorn is low fat so im experimenting 'mince' meals with that at the moment. Alot less flavour so im using herbs and veg to flavour it

baked beans are low in fat

im mainly having salad and fruit plus fruit smoothies made with 0% fat yoghurt.

Also changing from dairy milk to almond milk where I can

• Posted

I went to TKMaxx and The Works and bought several low fat cookbooks, and am.slowly working my way through them. Also, do an Internet search for a low fat recipe version of your favourite foods, you will always find something,  I even managed to find a low fat tartare sauce recipe! 

If you want whole day menu plans I suggest you sign up to Slimming World or Weight Watchers as they provide all that sort of stuff for you.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Kay, I've been on the blue pill diet for a couple of weeks now and from what I can get out of it, it is about you relearning about food. It's easy for someone to say 'eat this for the week' but surely you want to be the one who is saying that to yourself. 

To help I've been using my fitness pal to record what I eat each day. I have a portion control problem and it has helped me cut back on size meals. I allow myself 1200 - 1500 calories per day and then it works out the fat content you are allowed (40 - 50g per day). Then its make it up and keep it low. 

Britney has some good suggestions and her blog is v helpful, but other people do put up suggests on the discussion board too, so keep popping in and checking it out. Good luck. :-) 

• Posted

I've just been to sainsburys and got lean venison (2.9g per 100g) and some burgers which are 5g of fat each

currently cooking a red wine venison casserole and it smells devine

I think its about spending some time in supermarkets looking at packaging and then making meals to your taste

• Posted

I've just been to sainsburys and bought some venison burgers too! Never tried them before but decided they are worth a go. 
    • Posted

Im not a huge meat eater but I do like venison. Bonus theyre lower in fat...I never knew that.

im looking forward to dinner thats for sure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.