Starting Orlistat Today

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, my GP has prescribed a months supply which I have started taking today. She had advised to cut out fatty foods etc but I was wondering if anyone has had good sucess taking this plus a low fat diet? According to the BMI chart I am now 9 stone overweight!!! I need help and I am eager to start afresh I just hope this works and gives me a boost to encourage me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hiya I've been on the tablets for 3 weeks on a low fat diet it has been hard as they recommend 5g of fat per meal it will take take a while to get used to I've lost 7lbs so far and its a great incentive please do stick to the low fat diet the side effects are awful x good luck x

• Posted

well done thats a great result!! ive made better choices this week but i need to improve. heard about the side effects, sound vile! good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.