Starting Orlistat tomorrow.....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. I have just come across this website when I was searching Orlistat (again!) and was really interested to read everyones experiences! I went to my GP this week and she suggested I went on Orlistat. I was a bit apprehensive at first after reading a lot of the side effects and health issues but it's just as bad having a high BMI and being overweight, so thought I would give it a try....

I have done my food shop today ready for starting in the morning and it's all I have thought about all day!!Would be great to hear some stories about how you are all getting on and what I can expect on my first day!I am really nervous but excited to be starting the long road of losing weight (I have about 8 stone to lose to get to a healthy BMI!) :shock:

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heather and welcome to the Forum. I have been on Orlistat since the end of April and I have lost over 5 stones :D The main thing I found when I started was that I had a lot of wind but that settled after a couple of weeks. I've only been \"tangoed\" twice and I think that was mainly my own fault. Make sure you drink 2 litres of water a day or you may become constipated. I also have 2 mugs of green tea a day as that is supposed to boost the metabolism and I need all the help I can get. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Posted

Hi Heather.

I've been on the tablets for ten days. Apart from a couple of social events where I eaten out (so I didn't take the tablets) I've kept to the 30 g of fat a day and have had no problems. I still need to increase my exercise, but got my wii fit going again yesterday.

If anything I am going to the loo a lot less so have bought some dried apricots as someone on here had the same thing and found they helped.

2 weeks until my first weigh in.

Good luck. If you follow the advice you've found on here, that's what I did, you'll be fine smile

• Posted

welcome

hopefully before you start you have been cutting back and trying to eat a lower calorie diet than most people, stops you having the dreaded orange in the first week if you have a lot of fat in your body.

I have found this the simplest diet to follow and feel it really doesn't seem like a punishment like others cause you get to eat basically normally you just have to replace things with low fat options.

Remember along with the 30g's of FULL fat a day you should be looking at the fat content of all foods and any that state over 5g's of fat per 100, again full fat, is a no no. A bit time consuming at your first couple of shops but you do get used to it and what's an extra 20mins of shopping if you feel happier and healthier after a few months.

• Posted

Thanks everyone, great to read your comments!The forum is brilliant and I've got a feeling I'll be visiting a lot for advice over the next few months!Unfortunately I am a little too late as I treated last night as my 'last supper' before starting my diet and am dreading the consequences now!I wish I had logged onto here before starting as no doubt I will regret eating that pizza! :shock:

So far so good......(only 5 hours in though!!)

• Posted

Guessing you didn't go for the low fat option on pizza :?

I know Domino's does a low fat option and as you can customise you can always remove the fatty toppings so pizza isn't a no no food you just have to be aware you can only have 15g's of it in a sitting.

• Posted

Nice to meet you Heather, sounds like you have about the same amount to lose as me. I have been on the pills for 4 weeks now and have lost 9lbs, which is really spurring me on.

Wishing the very best of luck! :D

• Posted

9lb in your first weigh in is brilliant, Well done!! :D So far, so good although I have had a rotten cold for the past 4 days which has left me not feeling that hungry anyway!!I have been writing everything I have eaten and obsessing over food labels for the first time in my life (its amazing how many grams of fat are in some things!) Hope I start to see the results I want at my first weigh in too!x
  • Posted

Please somebody help me please. I started these 4 days ago

But I'm struggling I don't really have much fat in my diet

But doctor thought he let me try them

What contains the 15g fat per meal

I'm having cereal of morning

Salad for dinner

And chicken and noodles or rice

I don't no what is fat food to add to help these work

Please someone out there help.

U are all soon so well loosening so much please help me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.