Starting pellets Thursday

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm so grateful I found this forum. So to be clear, my body will only use the amount of testosterone and estrogen it needs in pellet form? So mg amount doesn't matter? My concern is too much estrogen in the pellet causing serious side effects for months. The oral HRT stopped working, the bioidentical testosterone pills that are supposed to bypass the liver are not consistent and I won't do patches or creams for personal compliance reasons. Am a bit concerned about scarring as won't be butt look like it was shot by a pellet gun eventually?? I know, first world problems but hey...

Thank you for listening 😃

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i got results of blood test after 6 wks on pellets and thyroid.. after being on thyroid meds for 6 wks my numbers went down drastically instead of going up.. why would that happen t3 t4 tsh all fell alot

• Posted

I think you will have to do a lot of googling for this. Search medical reports rather than blogs. Plus your dr of course.

• Posted

I promised to post an update on the bioidentical pellets I started in March. I went back for blood work in June and my estrogen levels had gone up quite a bit but still low and my T level was up dramatically as well. So the pellets worked where the HRT pills did not, good news! Original dose was 50mg estrogen, 50mg T so we kept estrogen the same and increased T to 75mg. Increasing T made the difference as I feel like I did a year ago 😃 and I'm building muscle again as a side bonus. You can lift all you want at the gym but if your T level is at single digits like mine, you won't be able to build muscle, period.

But the best news is my menopausal symptoms are gone now! No more brain fog, feelings of doom, anxiety, etc. My doctor did say that by next round of pellets will probably drop estrogen to 25mg depending on blood work as estrogen does accumulate in your body over time and can lead to weight gain and bloating especially around waist.

It did take about six months from the beginning of this journey to get the amounts right but I'm glad things are steady now. I do take 200mg progesterone nightly which by the way makes me drowsy and helps me sleep yay.

I hope this post helps anyone else going thru this journey and know there is light and better times ahead 😃

Wishing you all good health and happiness!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.