starting prozac for anxiety n panic attacks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started prozac started at 10 mg 2 weeks ago.. first week now on 30mg.. the anxiety and panic is unbelieveable.. doctor has me on klonopin 1mg 2x a day plus .5mg of xanax as needed.. I absolutely hate taking benzos because of addiction.. but at this point it's either that or a hospital... please tell me there's a light at the end of the tunnel.. and this anxiety will soon disappear and I can live a normal happy life again.. please help sooooo scared...

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I take alprazolam,have for years now..they make a difference in my life so i have no qualms of taking them..There is light,believe me my son is on anti depresants and xanex,he is doing so much better.Keep your chin up,once they find the righy amount of meds you will feel so much better.Hope you feel better very soon.
    • Posted

Thank you so much.. I hear that starting these antidepressants make the anxiety n panic worse before it gets better.. I am hoping that I can just hold out long enough to get some relieve.. I've had family having to stay with me for weeks.. because I'm so sedated with these benzos.. but if im not sedated I'm feeling like I'm going nuts and want to go to the er.. so I guess I'm staying on track n pushing forward..
    • Posted

Your body will get used to the benzos,they rarely make me tired any more
    • Posted

I get nervous about addiction though.. they are highly addictive.. afraid to go thru withdrawals after I come out of this.
    • Posted

You need to be worried about the addiction I was on klonapin and my addiction was so bad that when I sullenly ran out I stopped breathing many times my boyfriend had to blow air into my cheat because I truely was unable to breath. Terrifying experience. Be careful.
  • Posted

HI Renee i was on zoloft after my father passed away and a couple of friends after him i started panic and i was getting this weird pain my shoulders so they put me on blood pressure medications and i hate taking any meds i started to get these wierd and very painful headachs and one day my whole body felt really weird i thought i was dying i think i had a mini stroke but doctors dont say anythibg after i had mri and cat scan all they say was i had a small spot in my brain but dont say what it is excatly so i just panic more so i strated taking the zoloft felt better after a few months on them and my headachs started to go away . but i still get a weird pain in my head some times still. but i stop taking the zolfot cause i was feeling better but now im starting to panic again and alot of deppression also. so im thinking off going back on them. and i want to see a pyscologiest but i having a hard time fining one who takes my insurance. Im just so tired of fighting with this . I just want someone to talk to who is around my age and is feeling the same way i am.
    • Posted

I'm so sorry about the loss of your father.. I lost my mother as well it's never easy to get thru a lost of a parent..

When u restart the zolfot does ur symptoms of anxiety n depression Get worse before they get better.. I hear these meds take awhile to kick in.. wondering what your experience has been..

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply and im sorry for the loss of your mother also  i lost my mom when i was younger in a car accident so its very hard to get through it. yes it does feel worser and it takes a awile to kick in.it takes me about 4 weeks to feel it start working.
    • Posted

Thank u so much for the support I really need to hear from people that have been thru this..it's extremely scarey feeling.. I guess I just have to hang in there.. thank u for all ur help
    • Posted

Your very welcome and thank you also for talking to me it does feel so much better when you can talk to other people who are going through the same thing as you. it is very scary to go through it alone . But on here i know im not alone anymore. God bless you and hope you a have a blessful night. and you can write me anytime if you need to talk to someone. TC
    • Posted

oh im sorry i forgot to ask what are benzos ? what do they help with and do they help?
    • Posted

Thank u again.. God bless u as well.. mornings are the worst for me with the anxiety n panic.. I hope it gets better tomorrow. Good night
    • Posted

I notice its worser when im alone at home . Oh ok Ill ask my doctor about those cause my Xanax does not last long enough looking for something that last longer.Thank you hope to talk again soon .
    • Posted

Low dose xanax usually last about 4 hours depending on dose thats why docs will have you take it usually 3 times a day.I think I read Klonopin lasts longer before wearing off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.