starting suboxone for codiene addiction

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I use this site for help and advice and see how many others have issues. On Tuesday I will start suboxone after 8 years of addiction to codiene I was taking 20-30 tablets a day then after being hospitalised I have no choice but to try and leave these pills in my past. I have been on 3 dihydricodiene a day for a month and now I'm 12 hours into my clean spell before suboxone. At the moment dodgy tummy and aches are pretty much all I'm feelin but I know more to come before Tuesday. I've seen disusions on here about suboxone treatment but none really applied to my particular drug of choice so ill hopefully keeping this updated so others can possibly read this and gain and insight to what is to come if you take this route. I had genuine chronic pain when I started thsee pills but now it's sheer addiction in which I take then for. My mother was a codiene addict before we knew what they were in end result she killed her liver and didn't live past 46 she has missed two grandkids and her family expand and I know I don't want my kids to be writing this in 20 years time about how they're mother did the same.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello nicola. I've just read your post and was wondering how you are getting on withdrawing.
    • Posted

Hi sorry for not updating but I've had it very rough with this course of treatment. I'll start from beginning I went to drug therepy centre 36 hours clean from all drugs. This was hard but I was holding on and coping as getting this "miracle" suboxone was the light at end of the tunnel. FirSt I was given 4 mg sublingual (under the tongue) and watched for an hour for any adverse effects which didn't happen was very high within 20 mins then given another 4mg and told to go home which I attempted to walk I lasted 5 minutes and called for sisters help to drive me home. All I can remembe is throwing up and overwhelming high as in horribly itching all over shaking and couldn't talk. I lasted till next day and was upped to 16 mg as per doctor instructions which then just doubled my symtoms of pervious day which I kept on for five days unable to move eat or sleep but throw up very well ! In the end I called my own doctor and sent to drug team who believes I had reaction to the binding part of suboxone which caused my sickness. No I've been z changed to subutex 8mg which has helped a great deal with sickness stoned feeling and all round life managing ! I would warn people these drugs are not a joke I'm 2 stones lighter and still very shaky from the whole experience but they do help xx
    • Posted

You've had a rough time nicola but well done for sticking with it. Don't even apologies for not posting an update. You've been dealing with all of this. Just hope it continues to get better. Take care.
    • Posted

Thanks so much matron I've now got anti sickness tablets which habe relieved nausea so here's hoping all stays well and this a short term help so I can get back to my old self x
    • Posted

Fingers crossed for you nicola. You have done so well. Stick with it and keep in touch. Take careĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.