Starting this long Journey

Posted , 8 users are following.

Not sure if anyone remembers me but I am 16 days sober now and feeling much better than I did..alot better. It has not been an easy ride so far but I have great support and resolve to continue this journey.

​I wish for all going through the early stages of withdraw to know it will get better, see your doctor and I wish for you the strength to battle this demon alcohol back into the shadows as it will never completely vanish from your life. Resist it...and a new world will open up to you in a positive way.

dont let it trick you ...it is a master deceiver.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for your post, Tracey, it's so good to hear the positive side of quitting and it fills us with hope for our own success.

Well done, you should feel very proud of yourself, keep it up and keep us informed.

Pat.

• Posted

Keep posting. We need to hear all about your story. 🎄

Happy holidays🎅

• Posted

Hi Tracey,

Great news and well done!! I start my journey today, I'm afraid  but determined..mutual support is always a positive thing x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.