Starting to feel a lot more weepy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm into my 6th week now with my anxiety and it's still difficult with silly things setting me off, my anxiety stems from wanting to "let go of the thought" rather than the thought itself and that if I don't do the things I should I'm "sabotaging" my recovery, this was something my first councellor kept drumming into me and actually got very shirty.

ive started to feel very weepy during an attack and get to the point where I have started having a good old cry, it sometimes helps other times not so sure but I'm guessing the depressive side of my illness is making an appearance as feeling very low, dispondent and have thoughts of ending up in hospital with nothing that can be done.

im off rehearsing tonight but just want yo go to bed but will still go but give myself ok to finish early. 

Trying yo keep busy but not a lot to do around the house especially when I'm in on my own, reading a lot to keep mind occupied and will look for some good films to watch. Been swimming and done a few walks, probably need to keep doing same and maybe a bit more. Still cooking etc for family. 

So going to be pro active and have a visit to GP this week to discuss progress, if says need to give more time then fair doooos. 

Any thoughts you lovely folk?

N

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Keeping busy is good, any physical activity is helpful when it comes to dealing with anxiety. Whenever you catch yourself thinking about something negative, try switching into something positive. It's hard to do that at first, but it gets easier with time, especially if you have a positive thought(s) "handy". Try not to put pressure on yourself and keep in mind that you ARE making progress, even if you're taking baby steps. As long as you're moving forward and you refuse to give up, that's progress. Be proud of yourself for what you've already achieved and pat yourself on the back. That gives you motivation to keep on going and trying even harder. You can do it!
  • Posted

Aww u poor thing 😣 anxiety is awful, u will be ok though and do try and think positive... i know how hard this is as i find it so difficult too, i was in tears today at the doctors haha, it does help as its a release to cry😢 hope your ok and ur doing the best thing keeping busy 👍 well done u xx
  • Posted

anxiety make your daily life worst. when anxiety kicking me, i keep myself busy. like exercise in the morning (mainly just running and walking), hitting the gym and even though it's hard, i force my self to think positive.
  • Posted

Thanks folk, I did go rehearsing and actually switched off for best part of 2 hours, I enjoyed the time.

Got up this morning and just cried for a minute then felt ok.

ive been here before and have a lot of insight into anxiety and depression but it doesn't help when the head chattering is in full flight and have to rely on the meds and professionals when it gets to a certain stage. Last relapse I was pretty much ok after 2 months. I accept this one may take a bit longer but I will get better.

• Posted

It's good to hear that you enjoyed it! Every moment of joy is a moment without depression and/or anxiety :-) You are strong enough to get through this. Just keep the faith and remain positive. Things always go up and down, but the important thing is that we never give up and keep on going. Wishing you the best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.