Starting to to think this isnt anxiety!

Posted , 11 users are following.

So this all started in June I had what doctors told me was a burn out at work due to stress, I couldn't get out of bed had constant fear, couldn't sleep didn't want to eat, had headaches for 3 months straight. I had to take a month off work to try and recover.

the constant headaches have me health anxiety and I was convinced I had a brain tumor.

after a couple of months back at work I started to feel better and recently its come back.

I dont get "typical" anxiety symptoms they're all physical and all around my head, I get headaches, dizziness, visual problems, fatigue, memory problems, feeling spaced out, feeling of waves going through my head.

I started googling (bad idea) and found that frontal lobe tumors have all the same symptoms...I've spoken to 3 neurologists this week all say its anxiety but I cant get my head around that anxiety can cause all this!

does anyone else get this? and should I go to the doctors to get medication? I tried sertaline 50mg but had such a bad reaction Im never taking it again! has anyone had success from medication?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

sounds like anxiety to me.

im on sertraline and the side effects were horrendous but its been working for me. its finding the right one that works for you. all meds make you feel worse at first before the start doing the job

• Posted

I'm with Darren. This sounds like Anxiety. I say this since I just went through the same symptoms you're experiencing this past summer due to excessive stress for not having a job and not being able to do something with my life. In addition, I got shingles due to that too, and I'm just 33. I got my blood work done and everything came out fine. So, to get some reassurance, get some blood work done to see if something is off, and if not, then you know its just Anxiety.

• Posted

Hi Sam,

'I dont get "typical" anxiety symptoms they're all physical and all around my head, I get headaches, dizziness, visual problems, fatigue, memory problems, feeling spaced out, feeling of waves going through my head.'

If it's of any re-assurance I feel these exact same symptoms - every working day I feel waves of adrenaline going through my head and dizzy. Been to see Doctors / Neuro / MRI and even though I cannot believe it - they all found nothing physically wrong. Have seen been prescribed meds for anxiety however unfortunately am still suffering theses issues 😦

• Posted

I think you should look into ElectrHyperSensitivity (EHS). It is caused by the radiation of Wifi, smartphones, DECT phones, cell towers etc. The symptoms you describe match perfectly. I suffer from the same and it took me several years to find out what was causing my symptoms. I got rid of the aforementioned devices and have shielded my bedroom and am slowly starting to feel better but I still have a long way to go. It really sucks since all these devices are all over the place, which makes it hard to go shopping or into an office.

See for additional info: powerwatch.org.uk/ and ehtrust.org/wireless-radiation-and-health-special-issue-environmental-research/ There are many more resources, just google around and you will see this is becoming a big issue by now. Many people suffer without knowing the cause, and if they try to find answers with their government they are ridiculed.

If you need more info just send me a PM.

• Posted

i get the same symptoms, alot of tention and pain all over my body. i get horrible vertigo and think im going to faint. i also went to a neuro and got an MRI and it was totally normal.

anxiety is a horrible disease but you can overcome its bizzare symptoms. firstly you have to admit you have health anxiety.

i take magnesium melatonin 500 mg. helps me sleep, calms my nervs, and also prevents headaches. this combo has done more for me then any ssri could. best of luck.

• Posted

I have been feeling the exact same way as you since August. Off balanced, fear, dizzy head, spaced out like I dont even feel real. Havent taken meds yet but see a psychiatrist in December. Had CT scan and it was clear so anxiety is most likely the cause. I get bad racing thoughts on top of this.

• Posted

This is wat happened to me last September due to work stress to but I soldiered on (dont no how) until the end of june when I just couldnt work there anymore (toxic workplace) the fatigue, anxiety and depression were through the roof, I was off sick for 4 months and doc diagnosed peri menopause because of my age but I have suffered with GAD on and off since the birth of my son 30 years ago. Mine tends to kick in when I go through big life changes and when under alot of stress and last year has been my worst bout of anxiety which dragged on for months. I tryed sertraline to but 2 days in and couldnt cope with side effects. I think with mine if I was happy and content It wouldnt happen but then again if I got an illness it would still be there so Im yet to find a solution for mine.

• Posted

I also forgot to say mornings are always worse, last year I was waking up at 2am with churning stomach and sickness and not being able to go bk to sleep so was shattered everyday for months and just totally wired and distraught with wat to do with myself from 2am onwards. Apparently cortisol is at its highest an hour after we wake if stressed. Mine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.