Starting turmeric supplements

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, am a HS sufferer for 32 years  stage 3 ,I have had an active flare up for 8 weeks (groin area) completed two courses of flucloxacillin & 1 course of Fucidic cream which did not help at all alongside pain relief,literally immobile for all that time so 4 days ago,decided to start Turmeric, my question is that since yesterday legions are leaking a lot mainly blood but also puss, of course still very painful, was just wondering if this is normal during when a flare up occurs or you start this treatment during a flare up, called GP and they didn't know, I don't want to stop taking the Turmeric at this stage but just wondering if anyone else has been through the same situation with this 

TIA 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I as wondering if it was just me. I also started using turmeric capsules about a week ago and besides the permanent draining/leaking that I have, I also had a situation where the draining/leaking is more now and for the 1st week that I as using the capsules the legions were also leaking blood besides the usual puss.

• Posted

Hi I have had the same things I have been on the antibiotics and tried the turamic I have so many of them on my breast under arm and groin and but I am getting more and more depressed and. Tired of hurting have tryed everything
    • Posted

Hi there. Been suffering with HS for years now. All in the groin area now. Dont get them in the arm pits anymore. The permanent draining i have now and the constant pain can be very embarrassing and depressing but  I try and keep positive.....easier said than done. What seems to give me a bit of relief is lying in a nice warm bath with salt (I use Himalayan Rock salt) and Epsom salt in the water. I also dont use any scented soaps as this sometimes tends to aggrevate the legions, although I have discovered that Dove soap isnt too bad. That salt bath helps alot especially when I wake up in the middle of the night in extreme pain.

Give it a go and see if it helps. ishing you all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.