Starting week 11 on 20 mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Back again to hear if anyone has been in the same boat. After 5 months on 10 mg my dose was increased to 20 mg which I started 10 weeks ago. I am still plagued by awful morning anxiety, the need to be alone, and anxiety that lingers all day. I have lost more weight and am battling. The dr suggested giving it 3 months and I am getting more desperate as the days go by. I am not up to a dose increase as I am still feeling awful from the increase to 20mg. I wish I could sleep the days away, but I have family and work commitments to deal with. Please help...did it take this long for it to work for anyone else? Thank you for all your help. Lee.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Oh no you poor thing 😞 why did you go up to 20? Just wondering if you could go back to 10 xxx
    • Posted

HI Marf, the doctor suggested it after 5 months on 10mg and after about two really good months I started having anxiety again. Feel so off this week I am wondering if it was the right decision. So I will do the 3-6 months and see what the next step is. I have never had a good run with other meds, so would prefer to just ride this out and hope it gets better each week. It did work for me last time, so I am hoping to feel some relief. How are you getting along Marf? I hope much improved 🙃🙃
    • Posted

It's so hard isn't it, these meds take such a long time to make a difference, it's quite cruel really 😬 I'm ok at the sec, I get really bad for a couple of days after a period which after much fiddling about with hormone potions and them not working or making me worse I've decided that I just need to cope with diazapam knowing that it will go away xxx not ideal but I don't know what else to do xxx I really hope you feel better soon xxx 😘
    • Posted

Marf, I am glad you are feeling better. Thanks for your kindness, and yes use the diazepam to get you through those rough days. I have read so many posts about it taking time, but this seems unbearable. I guess rhe only option is to hold on and keep going. 😜😱
  • Posted

Lee

It definitely took me 12 weeks but even longer for it to go altogether. My doctor prescribed diazapam at night to help me get a good nights sleep but once the Citalopram kicked in I no longer needed it,however it definitely helped in the recovery process. It wouldn't help to discuss this with your doctor. Lee I was a flight attendant while going through the settling period and flew internationally. Strangely enough I was fine on the aircraft but a mess again in my room.All the awful symptoms came back in the middle of the night ,heart pounding ,a sense of pins and needles in my arms and face and ached all over my body became so sensitised to every tiny ache and I then felt fearful that I had an illness which the doctor had missed. I would put my uniform on and smile and pretend everything was ok and I don't know how on earth I did it but my GP said if you don't just let the anxiety flow through you and let it pass staying home could lead to acrophobia and so best to push on.

im sure you will get better but honestly the diazapam was an extra crutch to help get over the last hurdles! You can do it Lee! Xx

• Posted

Sorry meant to say it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor....
    • Posted

You are so sweet. I am a R/N and also manage to hold it together at work mostly. I am so glad you mentioned the pins and needles thing. I get that in my upper body and face too. Strangest symptom of anxiety isn't it? Thanks for mentioning it because not many do. When that goes, I will know I'm on the mend. My dr did give me 10 Xanax so maybe I will start using those occasionally. Are you in the UK? Have a great day. Lee. X
    • Posted

No Lee I was born in the U K left with my family at 12 years when they emigrated to Australia but I love England ,still feel very strongly about my roots!

Lee I still have some diazapam in my bedside table ,just in case! But not hooked on them.They were my lifesaver though during the pins and needles and thumping heart !Strangest feeling almost like a burning feeling rushing through the body No doubt adrenalin.xx

• Posted

How are you feeling now? xxx
    • Posted

Hi Marf, still have some way to go. Fatigue and slight underlying anxiety, but managed to pull off a great 50th birthday party for my husband yesterday. Danced away last night, and had a good time. That is progress, although today I feel shattered. Doing week 12 and still standing. Take care, Lee.
    • Posted

Wow!! Well done, that's amazing xxx I've decided to go to the beach for my 50th as I can't face a party! xxx
    • Posted

Marf, the beach sounds like an incredible idea. A party is so much work...I get you, but my husband had a ball, so it was worth the effort. Pushed myself to get it together, and so happy it was such a success. x Lee
    • Posted

I just hate being the centre of attention but would gladly do it for someone else xx but I really think you've done massively well to have sorted it all out xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.