State Pension

Posted , 3 users are following.

I qualify for state pension, can you sell it?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marco

Not sure what you mean by asking if you can sell your state pension?! That's an odd thing to ask? Why would you want to sell it?

In the UK it is a basic provision by the Government for those that have paid into society, i.e. You have made national insurance contributions for numerous years (I think it is now 35 years).

If you are needing Financial advice, then an independent financial adviser could help?

• Posted

I have made 10years contribution, I want to sell it because I have plan in mind for business and buy a house...
    • Posted

Unfortunately, even if you set up your own business you will still have to pay NI contributions. Just because you have paid in for 10 years, doesn't mean that you can ask the Government to pay back your contributions.

This site is for health related, you are probably better off having a look to see if there are independent financial advisers in your area and make an appointment to take to them (they will probably charge for the appointment).

• Posted

Hi Marco, not sure your on the right forum for such a question but advise is to speak to a financial advisor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.