Statins and leg pains and a heart attack!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had 2 choices, take statins or walk my dogs! Easy choice! Tried all of them, GP took me off them as exercise is better! My cholesterol ratio is fine, just ldl raised. No other drugs suggested until I had a heart attack and a double bypass! Luckily no damage done, just an awkward position for the narrowings so stent no use! I put my good fortune down to my GP of 13 years ago who told me to take aspirin daily. my heart attack was just a slight twinge that went away, so i did 5 more dog walks in the hills before a nurse took blood!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Mr Ed.

It's good to hear you are coping with your predicament and it's nice to share with the rest of the world, sometimes the only people who understand are strangers.

I believe we who correspond on line with these problems, we are a family we all have suffered in the past, some of us are still suffering but silently we help each other.

Yes it's good to talk.

God bless

John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.