Statins for 3 years- sudden muscle pain. Anyone else?

Posted , 1 user is following.

my post might be a little long so bare with me please lol.

I hate to admit it but I think my statin is causing me muscle aches!!? 😭 I need advice I’m freaking out!!!

I’ve been on atorvastatin for 3 years. I’ve never had side effects at all. It’s in fact what my whole family takes and it seems it’s genetic bc we all took rosuvastatin and we all got nauseous.

I’m 28. I’ve gained weight from lexapro so I’m 175. And I’m on BC. Female.

So like I said I’ve never had any side effects but I’m noticing that if I don’t sleep well especially this week I am noticing muscle pains. I thought it’s bc I’m aging but I don’t think this is normal. I turn 29 next month.

I’m on 10mg.

What am I gonna do!!? I wanna try coq10 with my statins. To see if that helps. Because my family history is pretty bad but my dad died from MI at 56 and so did his father. My cholesterol has always been high and the statin has lowered it to 150. Total cholesterol was 268 at one point. the difference is huge.

What do I do? I’m lowkey freaking out.

Has coq10 helped anyone? I just don’t wanna switch meds because it worked so well up to this week?? I just don’t understand how this can happen out of the blue. I can’t quit. My risk is too high. Even though my genetic test LPA is normal (13.4) I still want to do everything I can. If I quit statins it’ll go up! I’ve tried exercise and diet it just doesn’t work for me.

Help!!!

😒😒😔😒

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.