Statins Pityriasis

Posted , 3 users are following.

15mths ago diagnosed with PR  I have been looking back at my  Atorvastitin from 20mg - 40mg - 60mg -80mg reason cholestral 6.5 Dr's prescribed higher higher dosage 7/7/2018 I decided to stop my statin as today I find that my rashes etc instead of getting worse are not so angry and slowly disappearing after checking on internet I found I had Hives due to being over medicated both rashes look similar lump & circles I have been so miserable & depressed as of today I feel there may be light  good luck everyone who has struggled as I have.

good luck  Janis x x

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wow that is incredible, I don't understand how a doctor wasn't able to recognize that due to the excess of medication! I'm glad you noticed! Sometimes we have to do our own research! I hope it continues to get better for you! As for me...my family doctor game me a cream...triamcinolone acetonide cream usp 0.1 until I see a dermatologist..so far, I haven't noticed any new spots which is good, so I hope they fade away and I dont have to do much about it! Good luck!

• Posted

WOW!!!!!! You poor thing!!!! You are correct, there are 5 rashes that look similar, and the easiest one to check is an allergic reaction- if Benedryl makes it better, it is an allergy! The second is ringworm- also easy, if an over the counter jock itch or athlete's foot cream makes it go away in about 3 days, it was a fungal infection. Then you have PR, lichen planus, guttate psoriasis, and granuloma annulare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.