Status migraine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

If anyone can offer advice or help... just left a&e third time in 2 weeks after having trouble speaking, speech problems, confusion and unable to move both arms, numb lips and numb tongue, along with a pounding head down my right side. 

Up until yesterday I only had aura, which lasted for almost 2 weeks and then yesterday the pounding head began. I’ve tried naproxen, co- codomol, ibuprofen and the hospital just gave me sumitriptan and discharged me again. I’m in so much pain on the right side of my face still.

My previous post explained having been recently put on epileptic medication to try and prevent this happening after being diagnosed with basilar migraine with brain stem aura. 

Would be so grateful for any help xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

Sorry to hear your having such a tough time, it sounds awful.

I’m not sure it’s permited on this site to advertise other groups but there’s a Facebook group - Migraine Cure 

Ask the question on there, out of a few hundred migraine sufferers on page hopefully one of them will be able to suggest something. 

Good luck I hope you get sorted ASAP 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.