Status Update

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok, today was the first day out of the house. Knee still stiff and hurting often, but I push thru. I went to the market for a few items, and wouldn't you know it- My so called good knee (which must get replaced soon, ugh) decided to give out. WHATTT??????

(Of couse it does, guess it wanted to join the party too)

So now, I'm standing in the middle of the market, not able to move for close to five minutes. I THOUGHT I WAS IN A Horror MOVIE, Lol.

Well, I slowly went home, walking back up my steps, put the food away. As I type: medicated, elavated, and iced put on BOTH KNEES* UN FREAKIN BELIEVABE. LOL

Hope you all have a great night & Holiday!!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are not the only one! I was hoping to spin out having my left knee done (right TKR August '15) at least till September when I have my follow up appointment, but it has decided that it has had enough. Very painful week behind me and doesn't seem to want to get better. I can relate to the standing and not being able to move.  Hang in there - at least we only have two legs!
  • Posted

So sorry to hear this sassy. It is the reason I had both mine done together. Both of them were as bad as each other. Hope you can get through the discomfort and when you can, get the other one replaced. Have a great night!
  • Posted

Oh, no, sassy, that's adding insult to injury!!! Not funny in the least!!! I had one knee done a year ago and am hoping the other one doesn't need replaced any time soon. Every once in a while it will let me know, it's not 100% anymore. Hope you're doing better. Do you have a date for your other knee yet???
    • Posted

Bite your tongue. Lol

I pray that i get a few years in between. I also hope that you have many more years b4 u need your 2nd done. Thanks for responding.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.