Stay strong and fight the demon

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just want to say that I lost my 21 year old cousin Sunday due to heroin addiction. I have never experienced addiction myself, but have lost family and friends due to it. I hope those of you that struggle with addiction of any kind know you are not alone. There are so many people in this world of all ages, races, and backgrounds that struggle. It does not discriminate. I hope you know I am praying for all involved with this demon. I hope people like our children will truly understand just how fast this drug can consume you. Say no is no joke. Dont forget there is hope. If you decide to get sober, please dont do it alone. Prayers to all.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Anna.

My thoughts are with you & your family at this so very, very sad time for you all!

For you to post such a lovely post, at what is such a very sad time for you & your family, took great courage from you, & it came from your heart.

All I can say is Thank you, thank you for reaching out to people who have been gripped & all consumed by this evil demon that only destroys lives of all ages, all classes etc. As you so rightly say, it does not discriminate. It just takes & takes & takes!!

Your words are very welcome & if those words just reach one person who will take your words on board & not go through their hell alone but seek Help, then it is one less person suffering & it really is words from the heart very well spoken.

Thank you again Anna, 21yrs old is no age, and my heart goes out to you & your family at such a very sad time.

God bless you & all your family who are suffering unimaginabley right now.

Thank you & take care

Ritchie xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.