Staying Hopeful

Posted , 2 users are following.

My name is Jai but it was already in use so I went with Jaa instead. I'm 40 years old and have been dealing with these abscesses since I was 17. I've been put on every antibiotic available and nothing worked. I've had soooo many abscesses professionally cut opened and drained that I've lost count. Some were packed, some were not. Some required stitches which meant I later had to return to have them removed and let me tell you that is NO FUN at all. I've had 2 on separate occasions that were sooo bad and deep that they required hospitalization to be surgically removed! All of these occur in the same area....either my inner thighs or directly on or around my vaginal area. I've been told to change my diet. Did it. No results. I was told to switch to an antibacterial soap. Did it. No results. I was told to get waxed. Did it. Bad very bad results! I finally have an appointment with a dermatologist in October and I'm staying hopeful that I'll finally be diagnosed and treated properly. I have a question for the females in the group....

I deal with these abscesses regularly and pretty much experience at least 3 a month at minimal but they seem to always be more aggressive a couple of days before my menstrual cycle. By aggressive I mean exceptionally larger and more painfull. Is that true for any of you as well?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Jai,

Yes, I have noticed the same pattern in the past. However, now I am 6 months pregnant and having the worst flare up ever. So I am unsure how or why that is. I am in stage three at this time.

• Posted

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear that because I know it has to be even more uncomfortable than usual especially with not being able to take anything for the pain. Did you start any type of treatment before the pregnancy? I'm not looking forward to shots after reading that they're painful if that even an option for me but I am looking forward to relief.

• Posted

Yes, its tough. However worth it for my little miracle. Prior to pregnancy I tried every antibiotic available. Sadly I developed a allergy to almost all of them. I also tried Humira. The shots are very painful. However, better at room temp. I stoped taking the injection because there was no improvement. I have heard several people had great results. Tumeric was really helpful to me. Once I have this little guy. I will start back on that regimen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.