Staying occupied

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is probably gonna be a short one, but does anyone know how I should keep myself occupied whilst going through this recovery phase with my antidepressants at the moment? Tomorrow will be Week 4 and considering they make me pretty tired, I'm wondering what I can do to make it through each day. I cant play games because I get irritated too easily so that wont work. Any suggestions I'd be thankful for :3 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi. How about taking a walk. Watch tv or figure out one thing each day one thing that you can do to help another person and keep it a secret. Keep me posted. Diane
    • Posted

Well I do take walks when I can, though it is pretty cold over here so that puts me off going outside sometimes. Yeah I know, I'm a wuss :P Recently my meds have been making me more and more tired, but I'm hoping this is something that will pass within a week or two. 

• Posted

I'm nearly at week 4 and it has been tough. The Drs usually say 4 to 6 weeks to really feel the affects. I have been advised exercise is the best way to burn off the adrenaline that makes us feel so bad. In these early stages we need to carry on and trust that the meds will do what they need to do. It's tough but hang in there. Having people around for support is another great thing. Give someone a ring to talk it through I find that helps.lots too. Good luck

• Posted

I have a good friend on Facebook that I've been talking to about this, he helps me get through most of the tough times and I try to remain hopeful that this is only a temporary thing that will pass eventually. I hope we'll both be able to make it through this smile

• Posted

I'm sure we will. We need to give the meds time to work then look at counselling or CBT to help us hopefully avoid being here again. Stay strong and fingers crossed for you xx

• Posted

Yeah, we just gotta keep holding on and trying our best to take care of ourselves. My claws are crossed for you too, heh I'm obsessed with dragons so I tend to say claws crossed instead of fingers crossed :3

• Posted

Adult colouring book, walking, maybe a room needs decorating? Swimming helped me a lot too. But my favour was walking. Just wrap up warm and go out.

Anothe good thing is keeping a diary , try making a routine each day and sticking to eat with same bed time and wake up with an alarm clock and start your daily routine. This could breakfast, shower , go for a walk, come home start decorating or do some adult colouring, or writing in your diary. When I went out in the morning I didn’t come home untill evening , hated being at home. Evening I went swimming came home had a bath diner watched tv with my kids untill I fell asleep .

This forum helped too.

Keep us posted xx

• Posted

I am thankful for the help from everyone on here, I guess though we all keep ourselves occupied with our own things. Just have to keep holding on and try to not get too frustrated with the meds taking a long time, like I have done before. 
    • Posted

Great advice. Write down all the positive but also negative. When you look back it won't seem as bad as it did at the time and you will see you came through it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.