Staying smoke free

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just a quick note to see how everyone is getting on. I have just completed my fifth month. It has been very hard going and I have felt quite poorly but things seem much better now. How is everyone else getting on. 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

That's great news - I am almost on 7 weeks - great feeling - Well done
    • Posted

Well done you. You are amazing. Wish I had felt good so early. Had paid several visits to the doctors surgery in the early weeks. Still I had been s owing for 50 years so it was quite a shock tomy system. Keep up the good work. 
  • Posted

seven months, have put on 21lbs which I am finding much harder than stopping smoking to my amazemenr 48yrs no prob maybe tob industry lying about how hard
    • Posted

hi, nonever,

i have also also put on a lot  of weight, although I have not substituted fags with food. I had been a smokerf for 50 years and have 't found it easy at all. Didn't want a ciggy but just wanted a "something". Keep up the good work. Well done. 

• Posted

Thank you Beaubic, I am on Champix - in the first few weeks I felt very nauseaous - but that went off and I think due to feeling so very determined to crack this habbit having smoked for 35 years I persevered - have you been on any medication? Stay Strong smile and well done
    • Posted

Hi radley13,

i had had hypnosis to give up smoking as I had no willpower at all. I wouldn't use champix  n. My daughter used it and towards the end of the course she felt depressed and suicidal it's not for Everyone. Hope it works for you but take care. Let me know how you progress biggrin

• Posted

Thankyou - could you tell me more about your experience for hypnosis and where you went - it is something that I have but not a good experience and dismissed it what was it like for you and it obviously works too.  R
    • Posted

The lady that did my hypnosis was really good. Nothing like what I was expecting. I was totally aware of what was happening and could hear other things that were going on outside the room as well as listening to her voice. There were moments when I thought 'this is just not working' but it obviously did. The session lasted an hour and a half and cost me £120.  My tobacco tin and lighter are still in the glove compartment of my car which I 
    • Posted

Haven't opened since.  I had no willpower at all. I had been smoking for fifty years and hadn't even stopped for 24 hours. Give it some thought but try and go with someone that comes recommended. 
  • Posted

Thanks for sharing your exerience- how long have you stopped for now?  I have no intention of ever smoking again a complete waste of time money and health.  Do you ever get the desire with your hypnosis ever think about it or if you see others smoking or if your wound up and would normally reach for a smoke to calm down just interested to know thank you. R
    • Posted

The fact is that I get very cross when I smell other people's smoke, and don't feel the desire to smoke again myself. I have got a vapour cigarette with a zero nicotine liquid. I might use it once a day. The worse moment I had was when I was driving, I had a panic attack. I now keep a supply of lollypops in the car which seem to do the trick. I gave up smoking on 20th of January this year and to be honest I felt ill for the first few weeks and am only now feeling back to my old self. My under active thyroid has been affected by my giving up and recent blood test showed border line results. Have spoken to someone on the thyroid chat line and they are experiencing the same thing. Sorry, seem to be going on a bit, but hope I have answered your questions ok 😊
  • Posted

Pleased you have said you are going through the mill hope you feel better soon and stay better - I am still trucking R
  • Posted

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking but where can I find this lady who done your hypnosis please

Thanks in advance

Nicky

• Posted

I live in Southend-on-sea and she is not to far from me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.