STD and possible bacterial prostatitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Didn't know life can be ruined in a split moment.

It all started with receiving an unprotected oral from a sex worker. Immediately that night got night sweat and chills, started suspecting I might have caught something

10 days later symptoms started to emerge. First, tip of penis begin to get red/swollen. Followed by small amount of clear penile discharge. Then burning/swelling of lower abdomen, followed by pain in the right testicle. Symptoms tends to come and go multiple times during the day.

Freaked out and visited STD, had full urine DNA test, diagnosed positive for ureaplasma urealyticum but nothing else, leading the doc to believe this was the most likely cause.

Prescribed doxycycline 200mg daily azithromycin 500mg daily, took them both for 10 days.

Felt improvement while on antibiotics but a week after being off symptoms relapsed. I was convinced whatever bacteria was causing this was still there.

Ran back to the doctor 10 days after being off antibiotics for culture to determine bacterial sensitivity. However urine and semen cultures came back both clear.

Really confused as symptoms were still there. Doc prescribed 10 days of moxifloxacin.

Visited urologist who extended this to 5 weeks (35 days) as he thinks I might have chronic bacterial prostatitis (F my life...)

3 weeks into the course of moxifloxacin, pain especially testicle seems lighter but still getting recurring burning sensation in the lower abdomen and base of penis. I know I have no proof but just feels like some kind of bacteria is still down there causing trouble. Not sure if 5 weeks of moxifloxacin is enough for cure, or I might have multi drug resistant bacteria.

Just overwhelmed by the whole ordeal, became severely depressed and almost suicidal. Fueling this is the fact that docs have not been helpful and the lack of knowledge even by those in the medical profession.

Just here to share my information and hopefully find some fellow brothers and sisters who are fighting the same or similar battle.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

ive got the same exact thing. Night sweats the night after and the most insane sore throat a few nights later.

im 3 months i but never tested positive to anything. My heart races all the time, penis randomly tingles. No discharge. The meatus looks way shiner than i remember it being. A few weeks ago i had some intense pain in my right testicle in the middle of the night. Almost went to the ER. I have had a sore throat for 2.5 months. I cant sleep ever.

All the doctors are like you managed to get a virus of some kind but probably not StD related. Give it a few more months.

The girl i slept with is as normal as can be though.

• Posted

I've had a similar thing, I had a one night stand 4 years ago and have been having loads of problems which no one can seem to help me with. all doctors are telling me it's not anything sexually transmitted and I've paid loads in private medical care to try and get to the bottom of it all, still no luck and every test is clear. you are no alone here and keep on pushing the docs for answers.

I've had difficulty emptying my bladder, stinging and constant need to go, discharge and stomach pains. these come and go in severity. I'm sure there is something to cure this as like you've experienced antibiotics have shown some improvement but maybe not enough!

sorry I cant give you any answers.

• Posted

Thanks both for your replies. I definitely share some symptoms with both of you. It makes me realize the infinitely complicated nature of our bodies and the inadequacy of modern medicine/science.

It seems like there are many people whose initial trigger had been a high risk sexual encounter (i.e. bacterial or viral), but their symptoms persist despite going through multiple rounds of antibiotics and then testing negative for everything. At this point whatever the symptoms, its likely a multi faceted problem that's caused by a combination of nerve damage, persistent residual inflammation, abnormal autoimmune response of the body, etc. All doctors are good for is basically throwing antibiotics at issues, so if we've gotten to this stage there seems little they can do...

• Posted

Modern medicine is great in some areas. Look at HIV and how well it is detected and managed now with drugs. But on other fronts, you are spot on - modern medicine is still really bad and even more so, unsympathetic or egotistical doctors.

You are not alone...there are countless threads on the internet on this but no consistent, good answers. Some are related to STDs, some aren't. I would look into herpes with a western blot or PCR swabs, not the IgG or IgM tests. HPV shouldn't cause these symptoms and cloudy urine and discharge usually indicates bacterial infection of some kind. Good luck and please keep engaged on this thread so others can learn.

• Posted

Randy37536 - my symptoms come and go quite unpredictably. Sometimes I can go an entire day or two feeling totally normal, then something will come back to remind me that I'm NOT...like pain/burning in the lower abdomen, testicle discomfort, frequent urination, cloudy urine, etc. I also find myself constantly tired, just want to lie in bed the whole day. Also get chills and flu-like symptoms sometimes even though I've never had a real fever.

• Posted

i would say those symptoms are pretty spot on. What all were you tested for? Do you continue to press on them? Did they originally check for mono / cmv?

For your testicle pain, how bad is it?

I had it happen last night again just standing there there was pain on the top right but not like 14/10 pain for 4 hours like it was the first time around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.