STD results negative, but having symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a male with genital discharge. It's been going on for about 3 weeks. It started out clear but now it is white and kind of a mucous texture. I feel no pain from urimation but there is redness and irritation of the urethra. I've been in a monogomous relationship for 2 years. I was tested 6 months ago as part of a routine physical and everything was negative. My girlfriend got tested as soon as this started with me and she had a full panel, including syphilis, gonorrhea, Chlamydia, HIV, trichomoniasis, and herpes. All negative. I went to a doctor when this started and the discharge was still clear and he said it was urethritis and should probably clear up on its own. I was tested for herpes and standard uti bacteria. All negative. Something like this happened 3 years ago. I took antibiotics right away before I got results, but all test results came back negative. The symptoms did clear up a few days later though. I will go get tested again just to be sure, but what ELSE could this be?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you need to go seek a second opinion and have a full panel yourself done.

it could be your diet as well

Could be something else thrush....

• Posted

Small update- I went to a clinic and I'm waiting on the results, but they don't think it's an STD either, but it did get a full panel test and I still took the treatment anyway. Its a process of elimination. They also gave me an antifungal in case it could be a yeast infection. They have also referred me to a urologist. I tried asking about anything I could think of but almost everything was ruled out. It's very strange because of the low probability of STD, the lack of bacteria or leukocytes which would indicate an infection, and most anything we could think of. Even things like thrush or diet or environmental irritants were ruled out. This is the second time this has happened and it's so frustrating. On the better side, the symptoms are getting better, even before the treatment. It was a tough decision whether or not to do the treatment, and I hate the thought of misusing antibiotics when they aren't needed, but I decided to try to do whatever I could early instead of the possibility of more damage.

• Posted

Could be mycoplasma genitalium!
    • Posted

Hey would you mind describing your symptoms? I’ve seen you’ve posted on a few discussions bringing up mycoplasma 

Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.