STD symptoms but tested negative?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I have a bit of a novel so please bare with me.

I had unprotected sex towards the end of February (No symtpons) but decided to get checked anyway. 10 days after possible infection, I had a test for HIV, Syphilis, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea - all tests came back negative. The doctor advised me to come back at the 1 month period since possible infection as the HIV test may not be 100% accurate.

I went back 1 month after possible infection and only tested for Syphillis and HIV - these came back negative.

The morning my results came back (In the UK they just text the results to you) I noticed some semen like discharge from my penis - thought nothing of it, assuming it was just a wet dream type scenario. 

This discharge continued for about a week when I started to get a bit suspicious so I made an appointment at an STD clinic. In the days leading up to the appointment the discharge started to turn to a yellow/green puss type colour. 

6-7 weeks after possible infection I went back for a 3rd time and explained my discharge sympton (only sympton!). The doctor took a swab test and told me immediately that I had some kind of infection, the only way to know for sure what it was, was to do another chamydia and gonorrhea test. She only prescribed me a 7 day course of Doxycycline.

Two days after takin the medication I had swelling in the veins and tubes surrounding my testicles, but no swelling/pain in the testicles themseleves. I was advised by 111 (NHS helpline) to go to A&E immediately, they said it was most likely a sympton of chlamydia and to continue taking the medication. 

Now (Sunday) I finished the course of Doxycycline, discharge seems to have dissapeared but the swelling in my scrotum is still present.

I got my results back and I tested negative AGAIN for chlamydia and gonnorhea...

I have no idea what to do now.. did I get flase negatives? Is it something else entirely? Anyone know what I should do?

Thank you!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Go and see your GP, they can refer you to the Urology dept at your local hospital
  • Posted

Hi Daniel,

I wonder if you can help me one male to another, I have exactly the same symptons as you and the same outcome after the doxycycline, did you ever find out what it was? As I am really struggling to get a diagnosis. Your help would be really appreciated!

• Posted

may i know how do they test for Chlamydia and Gonorea in your country?

In my country, through blood vein and my igg is positive with titer 1.15. igm negative. And they said i'm a carrier of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.