Stem Cell Therapy

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello All. I am very disgusted and discouraged with my health at this point. I have asthma, bronchiectasis and pseudamonas for at least 2 years now. I was wondering if there is the possibility of stem cell therapy for our condition at this time. I sure hope so for all of us. I would give about anything to be rid of this condition. If any of you are aware of this I would be greatful for any information you could share. I live in the Northeastern U.S. Thank you all so much for being there with encouragement and just knowing I am not alone in this nightmare.

Debi

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there. My names Sue from the uk and i have had bronchiectasis for about 5 years. It was initially mild and it is lately that i am experiencing a worsening of the condition. I am always looking at research and anything really to give us hope. I have dark days and light days when i dont feel too low, but know that there is no miracle cure and have to try to deal with it. I get bronchiectasis news wekly. Usually there is not much to offer hope, but i have just read about a removeable shunt(dont know if ive spelled it right but anyway - the intention is for the body to react to the foreign object which results in a narrowing of the airways which helps to remove mucus??? does that make sense? Anyway once it has done its job it can be removed. Dont know if this will work for bronchiectasis but worth a look eh?
    • Posted

Thanks for the name of the BX News.  I have just subscribed as it's full of interesting articles.

Doesn't sound like that shunt w/b for BX though since our mucous never quits so removal w/b unnecessary?

Tabatha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.