Stem Cell therapy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone tried or knows anyone who has tried Stem Cell therapy? I have read from some places on Internet that they are using it now on Trigeminal neuralgia also. Any thoughts on that? 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)  have been examined in a couple of small studies to assess safety and utility in a selection of Trigeminal associated neuropathic conditions, but not TN as such. It's very early days yet and it's not clear if MSCs would in fact replace damaged fibres at the Trigeminal nerve root in cases of TN. There has been a lot of public interest in stem cell therapy and a lot of the techniques have been tried in humans and animals with not much thought for "why" they're being done. Squirting stem cells into regions of the body where some disease has been localised (or supposed to have been) and then having a look to see if anything has improved is hardly an acceptable procedure in clinical medicine.  

No matter, there are bound to be no end of studies reported over the next few years doing this sort of thing. The trouble is, there haven't been any follow ups on most of the earlier studies, which makes you think that perhaps this is not the panacea it's deemed to be. 

We'll all keep watching of course and you can be sure that if any progress is made about TN on the drug side or any other side, we'll soon hear about it, loud and clear. 

Keep safe

Big D 

• Posted

Hi dona 

I havnet tried stem cells but i spoke to a stem cell hospital in germany best one in europe iam from uk ,

They said stem cells work well with people who had an injury to the trigeminal nerve more constant neuropathic pain then the classic TN1 Neuraligia, 10 treatments costing 10k which is expensive but iam considering i have not much option , theres also low laser threapy , hayperberic oxigen chamber threaments , nerve stimulator and brain stimulators , last resort electrical impulses radiyo razitomy  

• Posted

What is the name of the stem cell hospital in Germany? Would you please share it?
  • Posted

Mine started after an injury to my head , nerve on my tempel got injured and my occipital nerve , doc said i have occipital headaches and trigeminal neruopathic pain 

Is yours the calssic TN or the constant pain ATN /TN2

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.