Stem cell therapy instead of knee replacement surgery.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been told that I need total knee replacement.but a few days ago I came upon an article about a stem cell treatment for the knee joint.does any body know about it,there are no clinics in England but in Europe and USA. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosie

There has been talk of stem cell treatment in here before i think its only been trialled in a few countries and is in its early stages although I couldn't be sure i had tkr in September 16 when are you due to have yours.

• Posted

This seems to be the new buzz words in rrevitilizing /renewing the body. So far, from what I've been reading, it's in the very earliest of trial stages therefore there is nothing available available as far as long term results. Also, only certain, very specific conditions and subjects are viable candidates. Age, general health, level of deterioration etc are part if all this..7

• Posted

I am looking into this.I have read some material and wrote to a clinic in Lithuania. They seem to say they can treat knee joint arthritis with this treatment.there are probably risks but then  there are risks with TRK too.
  • Posted

I would also be interested in finding out whether that's an option instead of a PKR. I understand that Australia and New Zealand are more advanced in regenerative medicine.

• Posted

i am trying to get more info from the clinic in Lithuania.preliminary info seems good and I feel I might try it.and if it fails the TRK is still there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.