Stem cell therapy question

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone , I had SCT on my left knee 2 months ago. Wanting to connect with someone who went through it and is ahead of me in healing that cud share their experience. I would appreciate it very much. EV

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Knewneeh, I had SCT on both my knees 15 weeks ago - 21st April.  My left knee was Grade 2 Osteoarthritis and my right knee was grade 3.  I was told my left knee should respond well and I should feel less pain, swelling and stiffness in my right knee but it would not be as good.  Benefits should start in about a month and then improve.  I felt immediate relief with both knees - probably the fluid injected into them.  I had a problem with my right foot for about 8 weeks which was nothing to do with the SCT but when I recovered from this I was amazed at the improvement in my knees.  My left knee is very good - still a little swelling and stiffness  but hardly any pain and my right knee is also much better and doesn't collapse on me. I can go to the cinema without having to be the last to leave as my knee has failed me!  I still have to support it with a pillow at night and have a little pain in the back of it but I now walk without a limp and both my lower legs feel as though they belong to me again whereas before they felt numb. I am active in the garden again and can play with my grandson who is 5.

Please let me know how you're getting on. 

• Posted

Dear Jackie thank you so much for your response and your sharing experience. I am going into my 2nd month. I had an injury at work that left me with a torn ACL and a torn Maniscus. My left knee. My surgery was June 10th and I need to be ready to go to work by Sept 10th. Is this possible? I hv to be FIT FOR DUTY, by then. My first month was limping and a cane now my second month is little bit of cane and knee is a little stronger. Lots of spasms at night with pain and stiffness when I get up from a bed or chair. Not too swollen, I use EXTRA xx Tylenol. I am not allowed to use anything else. The knee cannot hold my weight and still twists to the left when I walk. I was told light exercise so my second week I headed to my town pool and in the deep just dangles My legs a bit just to get some movement. My third week I gently used my legs to get movement on my 5th week I bike in the pool and take water aerobics twice a week. I alternate with 45 minutes of very light biking, no tension when I feel strong.

Let me know wat you think. Thank u EV

• Posted

Dear Jackie,

I'm interested in stem cell therapy for my chondromalacia patella. Can you please tell me where you had your sct done. Many thanks

• Posted

hi, i am looking for results of stem cell therapy on chondromalacia patella,

please do share your experience and findings here with us.

All the best wishes.

thanks

• Posted

Dear Jackie thank you so much for your response and your sharing experience. I am going into my 2nd month. I had an injury at work that left me with a torn ACL and a torn Maniscus. My left knee. My surgery was June 10th and I need to be ready to go to work by Sept 10th. Is this possible? I hv to be FIT FOR DUTY, by then. My first month was limping and a cane now my second month is little bit of cane and knee is a little stronger. Lots of spasms at night with pain and stiffness when I get up from a bed or chair. Not too swollen, I use EXTRA xx Tylenol. I am not allowed to use anything else. The knee cannot hold my weight and still twists to the left when I walk. I was told light exercise so my second week I headed to my town pool and in the deep just dangles My legs a bit just to get some movement. My third week I gently used my legs to get movement on my 5th week I bike in the pool and take water aerobics twice a week. I alternate with 45 minutes of very light biking, no tension when I feel strong.

• Posted

Thank you Jackie. I am new to this forum but I have been looking into sct for some time to treat my knee condition.
    • Posted

I am looking at sct as a possible treatment option for chondromalacia patella. If you have any information I would be grateful to hear about your experience.

C

• Posted

• Posted

Hi Charity

?They told me the same but my right knee which was bone on bone is much better than it was before and I can do so much more. The doctor and consultant in the UK took Xrays and said my only option was to have a TKR or pain control - I'm so glad I didn't listen to them.

?I sent my Xrays and gp/consultant reports to the clinic in Czech so they could assess me to see if I was suitable and they said that they could not be sure that my bone on bone knee would recover completely  but that inflammation, pain and stiffness could reduce which it has.

?I arrived in Czech on the Tuesday and went to the clinic at 8.30am on the following morning.  The liposuction to take the fat for the stem cells from my stomach was a little uncomfortable but was not painful and took about half an hour (I was given the option of a pill to relax me but I didn't take it).  I then had to relax for about 2 hours - they then injected each knee -this was the most painful part but over in a jiffy - I had never had knee injections before.  I rested for another half an hour and left the clinic at about 1 pm.  I then met up with my daughter and grandson, had some lunch in the sunshine and headed to the airport to fly home the same day.  On reflection it was too much to do in one day as I had a 1.5 hours trip from the airport to my home but I felt fine next morning.  I had to completely rest for 7 days and then I was told to cyle or swim at least three times a week which I did.  The resting was harder than anything as I'm always on the go.  I have had little twinges of pain in my knee but nothing serious and I did not have to take pain killers. I do still need a pillow under my right knee to support it at night. Brno in Czech is very cheap - it is on the verge of becoming a tourist place but at the moment a cheap hotel can be found.  I rented an apartment (Atrium Apartment 66 euros) which was very stylish and comfortable as I had my grandson with me and it gave him space. 

If you contact the clinic they will assess you and see if they can help.  Let me know if you want the details and I will send through privately.

The head of the clinic, Dr. Jaroslav Michalet, has written lots of papers on research into stem cell therapy and is world renowned.   Hope this is helpful

?Jackie

• Posted

Hi Knewneeh

​I have tried to reply several times on this forum since the weekend without success.  This is just a test to see if there is a problem with my account.

Jackie

• Posted

Hi

Very interested to hear about your SCT

Did you manage to get it on NHS.

I am 68 and have been told it doesn't work on older people.

I would love to have it for my other knee becaus and old horses s wouldn't make me go through surgery again

• Posted

Sorry

Wild horses wouldn't make me

• Posted

Hi Mary.. What a crock of lies someone has told you. Cells are cells and they only be one useless when we due bc then they die.

I live in the USA, in New Jersey. BTW what is NHS?

I hv been reading through many of the comments about SCT and I'm astonished to find that there are other countries besides the USA that are far behind the use of stem cells for recovery specially in the Orthopedic side of the medical community.

It has already been established that the re growth of your stem cells is 90% affective in cartilage growth for knees , hips, shoulders, ankles ect.

I paid out of pocket 7,200$ for the whole procedure. Stupid USA is still showing its greed colors when it comes to health care for us. Its a virtually painless procedure where fat is lipoed out of your back or stomach then filtered with added blood from you. An IV is prepared> administered>then injections for problem area through ultra sound assisted guidance. It takes about 12-16 weeks to really see results. The cartilage GROWS BACK 90% or more. Old or young it does not matter. The cells remember what they need to do from the inflammation they encounter in the deased area. Stem cells do not loose their Emory like we do when we get old. There Genetic sequencing is held in each cell. I hope this helps Mary.

• Posted

Hi Mary

I'm 67 and it worked on me - not available on NHS though.

Jackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.