Stem cell treatment for talo-navicular joint

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have lost all the cartilage in my left talo-navicular joint.  Would stem cell therapy work in this context?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It's questionable. If all cartilage is gone from any joint there will not be appropriate cells there for the stem cells to embed and grow. The network I used for stem cell treatment has a case study where someone had noticeable improvement though even after ankle fusion so it is possible. She was graded a fair to poor candidate but wanted to try it anyway. You should be evaluated by a reputable stem cell network doctor. Beware of treatments using fat (which are mostly ineffective for orthopedic purposes) or amniotic treatments. There is a lot of advertising for amniotic cells and clinics on every corner but lab tests show that there are no viable stem cells in amniotic fluid after processing. Perhaps in the future a method will be found to preserve live cells from placenta or there may be other biologics present which will have regenerative benefits but we're not there yet. At present the gold standard is bone marrow harvest for stem cells and growth factors from blood. In the U.S. same day procedures and use of an individual's own cells are the only legal treatments. In other countries cord blood and cultured stem cells are being used for a stronger dose but we can't do it here. That of course pushes prices way up in addition to travel expenses. If you private message me I can give the name of the network I used with intensive research but I can't post it here. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.