Stenosis post haemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I suspect I’ve got a degree of stenosis post haemorrhoidectomy (4 months ago).   It’s quite painful just before the bm exits.   Regardless of how soft the stool is I feel like I work hard to get it out and am left with a throbbing sensation after 

Has anyone experienced this?? I’ve read it can be dilated in theatre under an anaesthetic.   Is this painful to recover from ?? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I feel I have the same problem. Am also 3 days off 4 months post op (4 sept). I have to push everything out, even if soft and mine stings after. I feel maybe I have a fissure, something feels unhealed towards the back. I never received my check up appointment which was meant to be 8 weeks after. I left this as wasn’t feeling too bad then. I’m going to ring tomorrow and try and get follow up appt at hospital. Will let you know what outcome is. I fear having anus stretched, firstly for pain and possible splitting, but also fear becoming incontinent.
    • Posted

Yes please let me know what they say. I’m really worried abt it

I feel like I work too hard to get the softest of stool out    This morning I had fresh blood on the tp too

I hate seeing blood there. It always makes me worried something more sinister is going on 😕😕

• Posted

I had my op on the 5th of sept so our recovery is identical 😬

• Posted

I’m so pleased you wrote as I’ve been worrying too. I also find blood sometimes and it doesn’t seem to matter about the form of the stool. Only on paper though. Will def let you know when I get a date. Not sure what country you’re in, but I’m in England and we are 20 mins away from New Year, so I wish you all the best for 2018. 

• Posted

I’m in Australia 

We brought in the new year last night. I’m currebtly nursing a headache from the champagne haha!

I Hope you had a great New Year’s Eve 👌👌

Gosh I hope 2018 is better than 2017

I see my surgeon in 2 weeks

At first he thought my pain and bleeding was explained by an unhealed internal wound so I actually had that scraped and cauterised 2 weeks ago and had hoped that would be the end of it.  

I’m really disheartened that the pain is still there and potentially due to narrowing. 

I was always convinced I had a fissure as the pain is similar. Like blades cutting (a milder form of pain than a fissure) but perhaps that’s due to the stool scratching the lining as it exits as it’s too tight or something

God what a life talking abt butt holes 

I have two young kids and would love to not worry abt my bum 

Here’s hoping we get some answers. Take care Teresa xx

• Posted

I had opp 5months ago still troubled with BM ,have more good day's then bad but still have bleeding ,afterwards the throbbing and burning is easier ,been back to Drs they say that a skin tag inside has filled with blood and i have a another pile, but I am not having anymore ops it's to painful ,been discharged from hospital told me I am one of the unlucky one , hoping it with be back to normal soon.

• Posted

Hi Sez123 My situation was just like your were the throbbing pain was after I bm. Sometimes I hate to take a bm cause of the pain when it comes out. The pain was worst than a 10 every time I wipe right on my rectum there was a white bump. Putting cream on it sometimes works. But I went to the doctor when my pain was like 5. So I went she check my rectum i had a scar tissue which was fissure my external hemorrhoid was out but a little swollen. She prescribed me a prescription Hydrocortisone Acetate suppositories 25 mg where I had place it inside my rectum. I'm okay back to normal i can seat down without no pain have a nice bm without no problem. But plenty of fiber more than 1% veggie and water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.