Stents

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had 2 stents inserted in the front and back of my heart on the 15th May, I was expecting to feel amazing after it but unfortunately I'm still very breathless. My cardiologist says it's not my heart and the procedure went well but why am I still breathless, I'm so disappointed as I used to be so active and loved dancing but now I get dizzy a lot and also no energy. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

had similar problems. Initially had a second angiogram and hospital changed anti-platelet from Ticagralor to Clopidigral - no improvement. GP tried several others including Riveroxeban - cardiologist not pleased! Then put on Prasugrel and stayed on this for remaining 12 months - no improvement. I noted that I was on Bisoprolol a beta blocker and this was the cause. Stopping this made me 100% better as I was apparently allergic to beta blockers. while this carried on GP referred me to respiratory clinic to investigate if I had asthma. The single cause was a severe allergy to the beta blocker which is now on my medical record as a do not prescribe. If you are on a beta blocker as well as anti platelet then have a chat to your GP or better the cardiologist. Hope this helps

• Posted

thanks so much for your reply. ive stopped the bisoprol now and just take propranolol now and again for anxiety. I'm having good and bad days but i personally believe that i have heart failure as i tick all the boxes unfortunately. If I exert myself at all I fall asleep afterwards and I've out on a stone which is just not me. I take clopidogrel and aspirin and avorstatin just 20 mg. I'm hoping to stop the clopidogrel in 6 months instead of 12 as I'm bruised everywhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.