Stents and blood

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, I’ve suffered on and off with kidney stones for nearly 20 years but this one is proving troublesome and painful. First pain and hospital admission was a month ago and had one operation and stents put in. Stone is over 7mm and in kidney. Have operation booked for 24th to laser stone and remove but currently suffering severe pain, discomfort, blood loss and clots with the minimal of exercise. Any advice from anyone who has experienced similar?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This may be a stupid question for an experienced stone passer, but are you on antibiotics? I assume you are. My stent was only in for a week and after it was out, I noticed mucus membranes and clots in urine for about 48 hours. They formed around the foreign body(stent) and it's my personal belief that if the stent had remained in much longer, I would've developed infection without the antibiotics they gave me. I hope you are on pain meds also. I am sorry I don't have any advice. Only sympathy....

• Posted

I am indeed on antibiotics but only until tomorrow morning when they run out so back to the doctors for more possibly as stinging sensation when peeing as well as pain and discomfort. After 20 years of having these stones you would think I was used to them lol but hopefully it will get sorted once I have my operation but even next Friday seems a long way off
  • Posted

It's like i always say...."kidney stones suck balls!". Yes, I know exactly what you mean about Friday being far away. When I had the stent in, I also had the string hanging out of my schlong. It's more like fishing line. And it's very weird and uncomfortable/painful when it moves or catches on clothing. The days seemed like years. My life was reduced to meandering around the house in baggy sweatpants, trying not to move in such a way as to pull or twist the string. My wife has a great job, and if she didn't, I would've been hurting financially, so it's no way to live. So, I hope you get this sorted out and that you have long term relief.  Since you've been dealing with stones for 20 years, it seems stupid to hope that you'll get off scot-free from here on, but I do hope that life is enjoyable for you after this "bout" for a while. I never want to go through this again. It's a fear now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.