Posted , 6 users are following.
In October 2010 one morning whilst eating, I felt a 'sensation in my oesophagus when swallowing. Not sore...but just...a sensation? To cut a long story short, in December 2012, I went to my GP who diagnosed GORD based on symptoms and prescribed Omeprazole 20mg/daily.
I went back to my GP as the pain is still there in May 2014. My symptoms:
* Pain when swallowing still there, in the exact same place, although slightly more painful
* Can sometimes be there when I breath in
* Feels as if food is going past something
* Although it feels like it sticks, I can always swallow it
* Does *not* appear to radiate to the back
My GP thinks I "may just have a pain there when swallowing for no apparent reason" and I've been referred for an Endoscopy.
I'm only 20 years old and this started when I was 16!
Tonight my GORD is quite bad... When I belch, some of the contents of my stomach is coming back up.
Does anyone have any idea what I could have? I'm worried about Oesophageal Cancer but I can't find any reports of *anyone* having it at my age in the UK, and I've no family history of it. (Although I have a very strong family history of GORD)
Thanks for your help
0 likes, 7 replies