Steroid advise

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello! Having been managing with LS over last 5 months mainly on the area between my bottom and vag bits due to scar tissue where i was cut during child birth. i now seem to have an uncomfortable area on my left side which seems to be around some shrinkage of my inner minora labia. would you suggest now applying steroid to that on a daily basis. It feels a bit painful! I am having my 6 month check on the 25th cant wait have loys of questions now i understand LS more.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, apply! just a tiny bit to that area.

• Posted

I was in a similar position last year and yes need to apply there too. I would do daily for a couple of weeks or until it subsides and then apply twice a week long term. My gyni advised rubbing small bit in at a time and then a little more. I agree when a flare up it is painful so I just do as long as I can cope.

Good luck

• Posted

Hello Su02, I am a male and have been dealing with LS for almost 8 years now - most of that time I have been applying Clobetasol (Dermovate) only, usually every other day, or often on a daily basis. I am well aware of the shrinkage issues and have found that I can best combat this by using gentle stretch and massage movements of the skin when applying the Clobetasol.

So, I have the proverbial, 'me time' - and I have found the best time to do this is when the skin is warm, so, straight after a warm shower, or immediately when I get out of bed.

I say most of the time because very recently I tried a recommendation that Nancy KB made, and this was for 2 Tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel mixed thoroughly with 4 to 6 small drops of Turmeric Essential Oil - it has a rather wonderful aroma too! I would try the 4 drops solution first and apply it to your entire genital / anal region. I have also just started to try Coconut Oil - but I am only applying this to my genital region that is not effected with LS as a moisturiser only.

I am also going to post a link to a previous post on these Forums to a reply that Starlight8 gave some 8 months ago, it contains a great deal of 'user-friendly' advice for Women, in particular, dealing with a host of issues related to dealing with LS. You may need to scroll down to see Starlight8's reply as the post was originally created by dorotha67 .......

It would be helpful to know in future whether you find anything from Starlight8's article that has made a significant difference to you .. so you could update your Forum Post Thread here in future months if that is possible ..... Here is the link, it is on this web site if you were not sure ......

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/lichen-is-taking-my-life-need-help-660159?page=0#3199398

• Posted

Thankyou so much for this. i have read Nancy B column amazing!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.