Steroid injection for CTS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been dizzy and nauseous following an injection for carpal tunnwl . I now have a headache that won’t stop. Is this an after effect or a councidental bug?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Probably coincidental. We've just published a study of all reported possible side effects after 689 CTS injections. There were 4 complaints of headache, 1 of 'light headedness' and 1 of 'poor balance for a few days' (amongst other things) - all symptoms which are not that uncommon in the general population in any given week.The commonest thing which probably was related to the injection was local pain in the forearm which was seen in 13% of injections, mostly lasting only a few days. (Kaile E, Bland JDP "Safety of corticosteroid injection for carpal tunnel syndrome" Journal of Hand Surgery Eur Vol, ePub before print)

• Posted

I had the injection as well An had no side effects, well to be honest I didn’t even feel like it did anything what so ever so know after 2months from having surgery on my right hand I will be going in to have surgery on my left because it did nothing to help!! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.