Steroid injections

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a Steroid injection in Feb 2018. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced.  After 36 hours of intense pain I was back to normal, with no relief whatever. This continued for two weeks plus.  I then recalled I had gained some relief for the arthritic pain by stretching my toe down, a couple of times a day 8 moths previous.  Since I began this stretching again I have had remarkable freedom from pain, though it is still sore at times but much less.  My confusion is: Can I assume the steroid did nothing, or is the two weeks plus period after the injection something others have experienced?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

?I had a steroid injection in my wrist in October 2017, and like you, I had no relief for about a month. Then, and I cant really say exactly when, I was suddenly aware of no pain, 6 months later there is still no pain, I am due to have another injection this month. Be patient, I believe if it doesn't work they can do it under xray conditions. Hope it works for you, I struggled using my computer at work previously.

• Posted

Hi Janet. 

Interesting, so my theory of stretching may just be that a theory and nothing more. I guess I will see in a few months time.  Thanks for your post, helpful.

• Posted

Hope the steroid injection works for you, I cant begin to tell you how much mine has helped,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.