Steroid shots

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I now was diagnoised with vestibular migraines. Anyone have this? I also have pulsation in my right ear. IF I want to have a steroid shot its up to me can anyone comment? thanks! CHRIS

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi, I have had Menieres for a few years. As part of my treatment my consultant suggested a series of steroid injections direct into my eardrum. i think it was four sessions & the area was frozen before the injection. It helped immensely as to date I've never had another episode of vertigo.

• Posted

hi Lizzie, hope you get this. when you say vertigo, what does that mean for you? I have Menieres and have 'episodes' frequently and cant cope with them anymore, think my next step would be steroid injections and your message makes me so hopeful

• Posted

Hi Chris, So sorry to hear about the migraines. I have suffered from these since 2010

I Have tried steroids and didn't notice any relief. I am now using amovig injections monthly

This has helped with the migraines I also use Sumatripton for when the migraines are prevailing. Everything works differently for Everyone. You might speak to your neurologist

about Amovig injections, you do them at home monthly when you choose. They recommend

taking the injection the same day each month. Keep it in the fridge until it's time for your injection. I hope this information helps you in some way. Bertman

• Posted

hi Chris! I also have been diagnosed with Vestibular Migraines. i take Amytriptalin 10mg (1 up to 5 a night) and i take Betahistine 16mg 3x a day. i found that avoiding excess sugar, salt and stress, helps me avoid having any migraines. Fortunatelly never had to consider injections. So try changing your diet and lifestyle and maybe you won't need the injections.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.