steroid withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I haven't used prescribed steroids in years but two yrs ago went to Chinese person they said they cream all herbal I used that for two yrs but stopped now and I'm flaring up I think I've got red skin syndrome. My skin got rely bad last week my face eyes neck where all effected doctor given me oral steroids for a week I rely don't know what I shud do

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. Oral steroids (prednisolone) contributed to my flare up. I had 3

Courses in 20 months, worse thing I ever did. My non medical recommendation is to come off them after current course and go cold turkey, worked for me after 3 months , good luck

• Posted

I have been talking to this doctor his from autrailia Dr Raymond he said not to go cold turkey just use abit then slowly lay of them I haven't used steroids in four weeks but last week it got rely bad so I had I rely don't know if I shud go cold turkey or apply steroids when skin flares up confused
    • Posted

Doctors know better :-).  In my case, going cold turkey worked and I feel like a new person.  I did use a little bit of pimecrolimus after a few months when the improvement tapered off - this is an alternative to steroids and (according to the web - I'm not medical) had an amazing effect within an hour!  Have used less than one tube and you need to be careful with exposure to sun with this. 
    • Posted

How long have you been on steroids for though before ur withdrawal
  • Posted

topical steroids - as long as I can remember (I'm 43).  oral steroids - 3 courses in 20 months
    • Posted

I got off all prescribed med it was just that Chinese cream I rely hope its my ezcema flaring up and I'm not steroid addict this is my first course of oral steroids think I'm going to stop them thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.