Steroids made my skin thin and rough, I am so scared right now I can't think straight.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I used a strong topical steroid Diprosone on a fragile area of skin, very stupid I know in retrospect. I only used it two days in a row, but by then I was sweating non-stop which I guess indicated it was going systemic. Now three days post my last application and today I had a sudden event, felt light-headed and I was going to pass out. My mouth dried up. Worst of all, all the skin on my body has become dry and rough-feeling. I'm so scared this is permanent.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You are probably on the wrong forum - this one is for polymyalgia rheumatica, a sort of rheumatism where we need to take oral pred over a period of years. Which isn't the same as your problem!

However - I think it is unlikely that 2 days of topical steroid will result in long term problems - you can't have absorbed a massive amount in that time. I suspect you have become very anxious about it and that is what caused the "event" and made you hyper-aware of how your skin feels. Do go to your doctor and discuss it with him - he will be able to reassure you I'm sure. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.