STI anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all,

first bit of a ramble and spelling is not mu forte but.

hoping you can help.

I am male 27 years old at the beginning of the year i got unprotected oral sex (that was all) from a new partner, i have no reason to suspect any sti but you never know. i have not been back in contact with them since.

The very next day i started with a frequent and urgent need to urinate every 30mins but never at night.

booked an appointment with the doctor who did not suspect STI because of time frame, absence of other signs and the fact i didnt go at night however did a urine dip test which all came back clear - subscribed me some anti biotics Doxycilyn and sent me on my way.

i took the antibiotics as prescribed two a day for 7 days.

the urination did not clear at all in the first 5 or 6 days and panic got the better of me i ordered a sti test kit from a repretable online source and tested for ghonnaria, clymidia, syphallis and HIV all came back negative - and with the negative result my urination cleared up.

fast forward 3 week or so - urination came back this time with mild discomfort in the tip of my penis. Rang doc who said we will do another urine test and another STI test as the first one i did still in window period with first so could be faulse. So dip test done no infection - sent to lab for sti and other tests all came back negative and with that symptoms cleared and doc put it down to anxiety.

so time went on and in the begining of april my wife and i got back together after a break up and i was over the moon! not wanting to let my stupid mistake in january ruin that i took one last test for HIV, Clymidia, Ghonnaria and syphallis as this was now over 3 month which is the window period after and all came back negative.

started having sex with my wife again and everything is great in my life - until last week.

i now have the feeling that the tip penis as if its cold or as if wet or discharging however on inspection it is dry as a bone, i have tried "milking" it (sorry) but see no signs of discharge. i have no other pain but mild discomfort at the tip but a little juggle normally fixes this. the slit at the end appears a little red but i have tight foreskin and this is not abnormal for me (i think)

anyway another appointment at my doctors who said im fine - i have had tests for all common STI all negative - told me faulse negatives are possible but not three! he said herpes a possibility but couldnt see any signs of this and if it was to cause symptoms they are normally visable and if not visable painful.

So is this my anxiety ? am i over thinking it? can i finnaly sleep easy? or is there anything else i need to check or my doctor check.

i am currently doing online CBT to try and manage my anxiety.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dean

You did all the test and all were good. I think you are having this problem because you cheated. You are just causing yourself problems. Try to relax and enjoy being back with your wife. If you really love her Don't overthink anything take a deep breath and relax

Take care Ken

• Posted

My Friend

I have read your post again. You have been through a lot. I'm happy that you and your wife are back together. A lot of what you are going through is in your head. You have to learn to relax

What you are doing is both. That is why I say take a deep breath and relax. I'm here if you need to talk

Take care Ken

• Posted

thanks - i think i knew this but i cant seem to relax! but thanks for replying.

• Posted

get test for mycoplasma/ureaplasma all strain via pcr if available

• Posted

How is your wife feeling, any symptoms ? if she is symptom free than most likely tour anxiety/stress is the root cause. Pelvic therapy and CBT may assist your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.