STI!? Please help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay, so I had sex for the first time back in February with my boyfriend who has had two previous partners, both of those partners were (supposedly) virgins. The last time he had sex (with anyone other than me) was about a year ago now and he has no symptoms for anything. I tested negative for everything a month or so ago (I DID NOT GET AN HIV TEST) but he has never been tested. He doesn't really think it's a problem. We had unprotected sex AGAIN, and used pull out method, even though I am on birth control, three or so weeks ago, and now I'm coming down with the flu or someting. I have anxiety so am sort of freaking out,  just need some logic applied to this situation. THANK YOU!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why do you correlate having the flu w no other symptoms in your genitals, w having an STD? first off, let this be a lesson before you have something you can never get rid of. If a man/boy doesn't want a to do a full std test before sex, then you need to kick him to the curb. If he doesn't want to get one after you've already had sex, kick him to the curb. You don't know what he may or may not have. Never take someone's word, that is how I ended up w herpes. I took his word he was tested for everything and w a clean bill of health. W that said, you're over thinking things, but you should go be tested ans refuse sex until he gets tested. That needs to be your rule of thumb here on out. Also, a full std panel does not include herpes. You have to ask specifically for herpes OE they won't test you.
    • Posted

I read somewhere that flu like symptoms at 2-6 weeks after unprotected sex could be HIV, not 100% likely, and I have anxiety and paranoia so it's been getting to me.
    • Posted

OK... Well that's a bit extreme, especially between partners who are young and don't really have much of a sexual history.
  • Posted

For your partner to have caught an STI one of his previous partners must have had one and as someone else says that it pretty unlikely. 

This is a UK website and in UK HIV/AIDs is pretty uncommon in the hetrosexual community though that may not be the case where you live.  We certainly do not routinely get tested for STIs before starting with a new partner.

I am not quite sure why he bothers to "pull out" while you are on birth control

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.