stiches

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi am I am now 9 weeks post a&p repair is it still normal for the stitches to be coming out. I suppose this will be the deep ones that have now disolved and healing. Also on period if this makes a difference.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi elliott15, I was told by my consultant at my 6 week check that I still had a couple if stitches high up that had not dissolved and they are usually the last to go and can take up to 3 months, they can also contribute to the discharge , I'm at 11 weeks now and due to see her again st the end of the month.

• Posted

I have only saw 3 stitches/knots so far all around 5 week mark just after my first period so expect there more to come i'm just short of 8 week mark after a&p repair and sacrospinous hysteropexy. I got constipated 2 days ago for the first time and have found blood every time I wipe my front passage when going to the bathroom ever since so don't know if I've maybe burst one of the high up stitches.

• Posted

Take stool softness love don't let yourself get constipated as it can cause problems with the repair I take two movicol on a Monday one tue one wed two Thursday one frid sat none Sunday .

my sergion said you can take the stool softener for life with no or little side effects, this is just my exsperiance but she told me no per long standing and no constipation as it will weaken all the hard work she as done .

my stiches were still at the top at seven week

look after yourself

• Posted

Thanks Gillian. I had been taking a laxido sachet every night since op but stopped it last week as was on holiday and drinking loads of water and lots of fruit and veg and was getting diarohea but started taking it again x
    • Posted

Hi love I know it is not one fits all but it makes me go but not diarrhoea but laxido makes me stink lol.

were did you go on holiday love anywhere nice, how are you feeling x

• Posted

Lol I take it at night and go as soon as I wake no problems with it except bad diarohea one day every 7 or 10 but better than that constipation that was agony. I went to the south of France by car on the ferry it was amazing and roasting. I broke the journey both ways with an overnight. First went to Lourdes then a wee place called La Grande Motte in Montpellier area which was stunning. We had planned on going to Spain but weather forecast was better there and I'm glad we did. It was very French but they were happy to try to help us speak which was very limited. I have been feeling really well especially on holiday where I went for a couple of short swims and nice walks along the beach. We drove straight up to Scotland from Dover on the way back though - big mistake it was too long. I was just a passenger as I don't drive. Got the constipation this Friday when I got back and was agony when I eventually went but still blood when I wipe 2 days later so not feeling great this weekend. How are you feeling? How have you found things?

• Posted

I am 10 week A&P lot better now but have a throbbing feeling the uretha feels swollen and I have a stinging some days I feel like somthing is stuck and not right however I saw my surgeon two weeks ago and she said I was healing nicely I have done everything to the book

people keep telling me it is the healing I traveled for 1 hour 45 mins in the car today and felt awful when I got back but must think positive, I am jelouse when I here people have been on holiday lol, glad you enjoyed yourself x

• Posted

Aw that's a shame it's true we don't realise how much it takes out of us. If it's any consolation I'm about 3-4 stones overweight so prob the fat cushioning the pain. I haven't really felt the stitches much an odd twinge or pain if I sit on a hard surface but not bad. I was up and about the week after the op, was at a couple of nights out and at shops within 2-3 weeks but felt it the day after. Why don't you try to get a few days at a hotel by the seaside or a caravan as my mum used to say .. A half loaf is better than no bread at all.

Sorry Elliott for blether img on your post! Have you had your post op check up yet? Mines isn't until 16 weeks post op doctor said it can take up to that time for the stitches to dissolve fully and for all the swelling to disappear and it's at that stage he can have a clear view of everything.

• Posted

I wish that was my case. I had a check up at six weeks then discharged. All they did was insert about a inch of his finger and asked me to squeeze my muscle. He then said everything seems to be ok and discharged. So far bowel seems OK but have a few little issues with bladder of late but now stitches are coming away this is probably why. Live hearing about everyone's news

• Posted

That doesn't sound very thorough I would ask your own doctor to take a look with a ape ruling for your own peace of mind. I've also had a wee couple of tiny leakage issues the past week or so totally out of the blue no problem when I cough or sneeze but I've squatted down or need on my knees once or twice a felt a dribble. Also have same feeling when I come out of shower with my towel round me and brushing my teeth feel the same feeling. I had sex only once while on holiday last week it was all over very quick lol but I've definately felt slightly looser or moister since then.

• Posted

Ape ruling?????? Predictive text speculum Lolol don't want doc monkeying around down there

• Posted

Are you sure you haven't got a UTI? I had one post-op & didn't have any of the usual symptoms. Also not everybody sees any of their stitches. I didn't. I wasn't particularly trying to spot them either.

• Posted

I'm six weeks and only notice one come out so far, I think they can take up to three months x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.