Sticky foreskin/glans makes retracting foreskin over penis head uncomfortable

Posted , 53 users are following.

Whenever I have sex or masturbate, I find that I experience discomfort when my foreskin moves up and down. I think this is caused by the inside of my foreskin being sticky. This means that the foreskin doesn't glide smoothly, it kind of peels down like a sticker when I retract it over the glans.

This isn't caused by any fluid or discharge. I used to use soap to clean my penis but for a while I've just used water as I read this was preferable, however it hasn't got any better since the change.

My penis has always been quite sensitive and it is still sometimes uncomfortable when the exposed head rubs against clothes, which tends to happen occasional when wearing boxers as my foreskin is relatively small and sometimes retracts behind the head on its own. I used to think that my discomfort was caused by the foreskin being too small and have worked on stretching it before, however I am now thinking that without the stickiness it would function okay.

I am 21 years old and used to produce a lot of smegma before I started actively washing my penis but I don't get it any more.

Any help would be much appreciated, this has been causing me considerable distress.

It's really hard to describe, almost like the skin is sticky or tacky but not wet. When I retract the foreskin with my fingers, it doesn't slide down instantly, it kind of slowly follows.

p.s. circumcision is certainly not a valid answer at this stage so please refrain from any such debate.

Edit: I have also tried proper lube before. While this helps for a couple of minutes, I find it quickly dries out/becomes thick and makes the discomfort worse.

Another thing I have noticed is that my penis head has a textured feel and does not look as smooth as other uncut penises I have seen.

8 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Matt. Your foreskin is not sticky it's actually too dry. This is down to your body not generating enough of its natural oils to keep it moist. From research this can be hormone related or due to other factors like certain prescription drugs or possibly due to being too clean and washing the natural oil away with a lot of soap. I am not sure that there is a cure but I have had great benefit by using evening promise oil. You can get it in capsule form from most good supermarkets. Get the 500mg size and once a day prick one capsule with a pin and rub the contents in under your foreskin. I do this before bed and by morning it has soaked in and the skin is smooth, soft and slightly slick - just as it would be naturally. It's not a cure but it does bring relief and make things more normal. You can get special oils for the penis but they cost loads and the results are no better. Hope it helps. Julian

• Posted

My earlier response meant to say EVENING PRIMROSE OIL not evening promise oil. Flipping spell checker!! Sorry. Julian.
  • Posted

Please anyone found solution ? I am 22 now. I was circumcised a year ago because i had a mild case of tight foreskin. I also had painful gland and foreskin.

Its like my penis is always sensitive and never feeling normal. I haven't had any sex , mainly becasue of this. And I dont talk to girls. I have tried many creams without any benefit . Doctors always tell me it will go away by its own , but it has been there since always.

I fee like my glans are red but not to obvious to doctors. They are dry and painful to touch. I dont know what to do next . I am really desperate about this. Please help me if you can

• Posted

Hi. EVENING PRIMROSE OIL is easy to find any supermarket or chemists will have it in the section where they sell vitamins and minerals. It is sold in soft gell capsule form - and is very cheap I got 60 tablets for £2 - so very economical. I does not have a perfume but does smell very slightly oily - but not so that anyone stood near you would notice! Just pierce one with a pin an rub it in gemtly. I have found that it is good to apply it once a day - I usually do it before bed - but I have found I can miss a couple of days without noticeable effects. It is NOT a cure but does make the condition bearable and allows you to get one with your (sex! ) life.

• Posted

Apply extra virgin olive oil as often as possible til it goes away. Be as liberal as you want, and make sure you get it in every nook and cranny under the "hood".

Aloe Vera gel is also good (or actual aloe Vera if you've got it).

Limit masturbation (if you do it too often).

Stop eating junk carbs, and sugar.

Eat veggies (especially celery).

Take vitamin d.

I'm not a doctor, but you don't need to be a doctor to give the above advice which is straight forward. Olive oil and aloe are healthy, and natural... you could bathe in them. The Romans used olive oil for many health issues too.

• Posted

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of any of these suggestions.  Olive oil seems likely to make things worse not better, I'm not sure that frequency of masturbation will have any effect, and I don't see how diet or vitamin D could help.  The original poster only ever posted once over a year ago, so he probably isn't following this discussion anyway.

• Posted

Well dude, you're just straight up wrong. Olive oil has antibacterial, and antifungal properties.

All my other suggestestions are for overall health, including reproductive system health.

Sounds like you're just poking holes for no reason.

• Posted

If you asked ten doctors, I'd be very surprised if at least nine of them didn't agree with me.

• Posted

I'm 16, and I've had the problem for over a year, it cannot be down to hygien, I wash ATLEAST once a day, and I clean thouroughly (without soap for the actual penis). It feels like I'm taking tape off a wall when I retract my foreskin, and even after a bath it will be dry within 3 minutes. It's driving me insane and has made me incredibly nervous, I have no clue what to do!

• Posted

Hi Ben. EVENING PRIMROSE OIL is easy to find any supermarket or chemists will have it in the section where they sell vitamins and minerals. It is sold in soft gell capsule form - and is very cheap I got 60 tablets for £2 - so very

economical. I does not have a perfume but does smell very slightly oily - but not so that anyone stood near you would notice! Just pierce one with a pin and rub the oil in gemtly all arround your foreskin (inside). I have found that it is good to apply it once a day - I usually do it before bed - but I have found I can miss a couple of days without noticeable effects. It is NOT a cure but does make the condition bearable and allows you to get one with your (sex! ) life.

Regards

Julian

• Edited

I have had the same problem for a few months. Went to the doctor and he thought it was a yeast infection.. although the antibiotics and cream helped. When i stopped using it the stickiness came back so

I started using coconut oil a few days ago, and seems to be helping so far.

Must be an organic pure coconut oil. Hope it helps.

• Posted

I have had this close to a year.

Started with what the doctor called candida although I am sceptical as it came from nowhere. I hadn't had sex a long time. Anyway he gave me probiotic powder, fluconazole and maybe some cream. Can't remember.

Anyway a lesion cleared up but I felt it was never the same since. I'm wondering if maybe the cream or some soap damaged the area. I used to literally massage shower gel around here to clean but now I only every use water.

So it always seems to be shiny. Any kind of sexual activity makes it bright red as opposed to red. It's far from the healthy colour it once was. If I try to dry the area thinking it might help it goes very dry and wrinkly. It is kind of like a scar. Also have the really crazy stickyness. Really really sticky to touch. it's the strangest thing.

I'm very concious of keeping it clean as I can so I don't think it's hygiene. I am mid thirties and never had a hygiene issue.

So I put up with it for ages thinking doctors won't know what it is. But about 6 weeks ago I went to the toilet pulled back what foreskin and got the shock of my life when it had stuck to my glans. Just stuck in a small area and pulling back had torn up some skin. This was a worry but then it happened again the next day. I knew I had to do something. This was so painful and scary.

Went to hospital to see dermatoligist. He saw it wasn't right but sent me on to a Uroligist. Uroligist took a breif look said it was fungus and prescribed itraconazole and zalain cream a strong antifungal. I was sceptical of his diagnosis and didn't start right away.

In the meantime I read cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil does wonders. I tried it very generously and woke up next day and the color was much better. No shine no red. Applied another generous coat but the next day irritation was developing and it seemed to erode my skin a bit in 1 area. Coconut oil has strong antifungal properties because it is 50-60% Lauric acid. I think this also causes it to eat away at skin very slightly.

I since learned that coconut oil is ok but literally just 2 small drops and not everyday. It helps but it aint the cure.

So then I decided to try the Zalain cream and itraconazole. Both twice a day for 1 week.

This is the point i'm at now about a week after that treatment. I was sceptical but it seems to have helped. I don't seem to have the dryness and peeling of skin. Still a slight shine. The color is better but still a bit red. Sexual activity still inflames it all. Still stickier than ever and I am really worried about that pain again. I read in another thread someone mentioned it is your foreskin and glans trying to grow together which is what nightmares are made of.

It's killed my sex life with my wife. Sex doesn't feel good as the sensitivity is different now. Like an unpleasant sensitive.

I have googled for ages about this and seem to have tried everything except for a cream called Protopic.

I will be trying that in the next couple of weeks. Apparently 0.2% every second day. I will definately update here again if it works.

My only other idea is to try a oil that doesn't have so much acid. Perhaps the primrose oil someone above mentioned. Oil did seem to relieve it just need something not acidic.

After that I will be all out of ideas. I was thinking of getting a hormone test anyway so I could check that as well, although I am sceptical that would cause it.

• Posted

I understand entirely where you are coming from as I had this problem for about a year. I have previously posted on here recommending Evening Primrose Oil capsules. Prick them with a pin and rub the oil from in the capsule under the foreskin. It is safe, gentle and known to be an anti-oxidant, it also has good healing properties. I did this morning and evening for about 3 months and eventually my skin came back to normal. No more redness, itching or splitting. It may just have that time heals but I certainly felt that the Evening Primrose Oil helped and at about £2 for a pot of 30 from the supermarket it might be worth a go. Hope this helps. Julian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.