Sticky Penis/groin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, My penis has been sticky/tacky under the foreskin and between thighs and balls. NOT Sexually active. It doesnt burn or itch. Its just sticky. No discharge or fluids on or coming out of penis. I am 17. Its always sticky, even after shower. Sticky to the touch. Its less sticky when erected. I do live in hot florida, but its always sticky so i dont think its sweat. I do have skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis... Some eczema on my lower shaft but thats it. I havent been to the derm yet. I saw my family doctor. Plz help im really nervous. Im a naturally anxious fellow.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This sounds interesting, if not somewhat mysterious what you have going on. Can I first of all check whether you are currently getting, or have previously had help from a Dermatologist? Can I also check whether you are an active Young Person, such as are you doing any sports or suchlike on a regular basis?

If you are getting the feeling of stickiness in different parts of your groinal region this would instinctively suggest there may be a common cause - certainly only the Dermatologist can help you with the eczema.

I think the way forward would be to get the basics right first and to be further guided and perhaps additional treatment put in place by the Dermatologist.

So the essential to get right is your penile hygiene as this may begin to deal with the stickiness under the foreskin. You know that there are naturally present bacteria on the head of your penis? Also, what is known as Smegma is also naturally present on the head too. The thing to get right is to keep the bacteria, and therefore the Smegma as healthy as possible. The essential is never to use soap on the head of your penis or any other cleansing agents such as shower gel.

When you take a shower ensure your foreskin completely covers the head of your penis - you may need to draw the foreskin forward to achieve this. Once you have cleaned everywhere else on your body and thoroughly rinsed off soaps, shower gels, hair shampoo and that kind of thing, expose the head of your penis and gently wash with water only using the inside of your hand. Once you get out of the shower ensure your entire groin region is thoroughly dry - pat the head and foreskin of your penis dry with a towel.

In terms of your clothing, particularly underwear, these should ONLY be washed in Liquid Soap Flakes. You should also have towels that only YOU use too, and these should also only be washed in liquid soap flakes. Keep towels in your own room to ensure you only use them. The liquid soap flakes should be available from most supermarkets and you use this in place of any other form of washing powder - never use additives such as fabric conditioners or things like that.

The other thing that would be helpful for you is to find a plant based extract in terms of an oil, cream or gel to help keep the skin of your groin and penis correctly moisturized and healthy. This would be the likes of Coconut Oil or Aloe Vera gel

You will need to ask the Dermatologist about whether you can apply these on the areas where you have eczema and psoriasis - so be guided by what they say .....

• Posted

i have not been to a derm yet.. ive been having other health issues that needed to be taken care of first. i live in florida and its always hot here too. i use soap on it but its fragrence free....

• Posted

No soap, water only .... soap kills the 'good-guy' bacteria

What I learned in my early 50's (YOA) and continue to realise to a greater extent is that much of the poor health of the majority of people is down to the typical diets, and therefore typical foods that we eat!

You are young - and obviously, I do not know what your other health issues are. However, as you travel through life you have the years ahead to think about, and potentially make choices as to the kinds of foods you eat in early adulthood and beyond. I am not suggesting you take a radical look and change of the foods you currently eat, only that you should be aware that other people choose different paths for the dietary regime that is better for their own health .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.