stiff joints

Posted , 6 users are following.

Morning you guys. Every morning I wake up with back ache knee ache ankle ache etc etc and I put this down to bad walking before and after my TNR. Does anyone take a supplement for this and does it work particularly on a new joint??? Im only57 but I feel like 157 when I wake up???

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Andrea

Oh yes, I can identify with what you are experiencing. There are times it seems as though everything aches! I am 63 and feel 163 in the morning!

I have taken to wearing a pain patch on my lower back every day just to get through the day. I am sure that how I am walking right now at 7 wks post TKR has an impact on it.

I like Jean's suggestion about the magnesium, and am going to check into that.

• Posted

You're welcome. Check that you get the right magnesium though. One causes diarrhoea, unsure which one and I cannot check up on it at the moment.
  • Posted

Getting old ain't for cowards my old grandpappy used to say. I would reccommend stretching with some yoga type stretches as soon as you get up. Works wonders for me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.