Stiff neck

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm due for a very much needed nissans fundoplication, for almost a year I've had a stiff and painful neck after eating, I first thought it was the way I was sleeping/exercising or maybe the pillow/bed I have needed replacing, but when I stopped eating solid foods recently( prior to sigmoidoscopy procedure) my neck pain feels much better, has anyone experienced this, please let me know.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I felt stiff and painful neck for a couple of months very similar to what you are experiencing. However after a couple of months on PPI it resolved. I am sorry to hear you are going through his, hope you get operated soon and get relief!
  • Posted

Fundoplication is not always 100% I had it some time ago and failed shortly after. You won't be able to eat for some time. Wish hadn't done it.  Reflux/Indigestion can cause all sorts of symptoms from backache, chest pains, pain in neck and throat, jaw even tearing of eyes, burning tounge, etc. There are ways to manage reflux but requires strict regime and diet.
    • Posted

please give me the strict regime and diet ideas,  at present every thing I eat causes nausea. 
    • Posted

Zak & Ex, I have to admit pain in neck, jaw or backpain is something I have never heard of associated with reflux, but it intrigues me. Zak, have you found any good links talking about that?

Ex, order a book called, "Dropping Acid" by Koufman for diet help.

• Posted

These are all very true, tearing of eyes , thought I have allergies, still got burning tongue, so I am currently taking Vit B 12 to lessen it, the chest pain that feels like someone's hugging you very tight..all the other symptoms you mentioned I got it.What diet  do you recommend. Gave up all the acidic food I used to love.Take care for now.
  • Posted

I had the same issue. I thought it was the way i was sleeping, until the pain wouldn't go away. Then the back pain started . I was put on meds and no more neck pain but i have acid rising in my throat. I need help with that, it wont stop. I feel like its ruining my life
    • Posted

Hi,

I'm with you it feels like everyday different symptoms.Like what explayboybunny said the neck and shoulder pains, this morning i got up and have all these.

Take care for now.

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for this . Just woke up this morning from a terrible back , shoulder blades pain, thought it was stiff neck from my very inclined almost sitting sleeping position. So the acid can really affect us this much.Hope you feel good  soon.

• Posted

This is horrible, there has to be a cure, i refuse to get the surgery, haven't heard any good outcomes
    • Posted

I'm with you.Hope we are not going under the knife as much as possible. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.